BusinessObjects Board

Problem facing in Prompt

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone help me in solving this problem.I am using BusinessObjects XI release 2 and i have created an agewise report .i have mentioned ages in the promt for user to select the particular age group

eg: a) 20-25,b)25-30,c)30-35,d)35-40,e)40-45 in this promt user can select any of the age group (say a) or b) or c) or d) or etc.he can also select multiple options at a time by holding the shift key and selecting the options.but without using the shift key i need an option saying f) All so that user can see the details of all the age groups.

Thanks in advance…

vamshikrishna99 (BOB member since 2006-10-18)

Welcome to B:bob:B!

I hate to teach you a lesson on your first BOB post, but…

Please do a search for Optional Prompt or read the FAQ.

The FAQ for the Semantic Layer has these 2 entries which should help:

Steve Krandel :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-25)

vamshikrishna99,
Try this it should work,

Create a condition with the following code in the universe:

1. @Select(calss\object) IN @Prompt(‘Enter object’,‘A’,‘calss\object’,multi,constraint) OR ‘ALL’ IN @Prompt(‘Enter object’,‘A’,‘class\object’,multi,constraint)

2. Make an ALL object in the universe:
    Select ‘ALL’ and click tables and select a dummy table

3. Go to the object with the LOV
    a. Click properties
    b. Edit
    c. Combined queries
    d. Then add the ALL object

4. In the query panel of the report pull the condition created in #1

atlantadude :us: (BOB member since 2006-01-06)

HI,

I´m trying what you say but when I check the sintax of the code (adapted to mine, of course) I receive the error: “ERROR ORA-00923 - FROM Keyword not found where expected”.

This is my code, put inside a new variable:

(@Select(Datos Tercero Empresa\Razón Social de la Empresa) IN @Prompt(‘Seleccione Empresa o escriba * para ver todas las empresas’,‘A’,‘Datos Tercero Empresa\Razón Social de la Empresa’,multi,free) OR (’*’ IN @Prompt(‘Seleccione Empresa o escriba * para ver todas las empresas’,‘a’,‘Datos Tercero Empresa\Razón Social de la Empresa’,multi,free))

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Gabriel

Gabriel Enríquez :es: (BOB member since 2006-09-11)

hi,

Thanks for the help.i have got the solution :slight_smile:

vamshikrishna99 (BOB member since 2006-10-18)