BusinessObjects Board

Problem Exporting Universe

Hi,
i was trying to export a universe and have received the below error.

“Could Not Export the Universe - ORA-00001 Unique Constraint Voilated”. How to resolve this error.

Thanks in advance

ravichandra (BOB member since 2004-08-18)

Is your repository Oracle ?

Michele Pinti (BOB member since 2002-06-17)

Could you tell us a little more about how you got into this situation? Did you copy a repository? And/or did you clone a universe? Or what else led to this situation?

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)

Hi,
I am using ORCALE 8i as the back-end. and copied the universe onto a shared drive where everyone can access. From there on i tried to export using the BO Supervisor mode and export the universe.

ravichandra (BOB member since 2004-08-18)

I don’t understand what you mean about exporting using the Supervisor mode – do you mean you tried to export from the Designer module using General Supervisor?

It still sounds like something else is happening – Oracle seems to be complaining about a unique constraint being violated. It appears that this universe has the same internal universe-id as another. So tell us more about how you got into this situation. You seem to be leaving something out.

I got the same probleme and i didn’t find any answer, so i hope you can give me an idea.

I 've created a back_up of the repository (“referentiel” in french).
With Supervisor, i 've made a new repository (admin button) with the option “recovery of the installation” (i don’t know if it’s the good translation , i got the french version).
So i got a new bomain.key pointing on my backup repository with all of my users, groups , univers, doc, …
Then, someone created a new univers on the production repository which is not in the backup.
So i decided to open a Designer with the Bomain.key of the production repository and another Designer with the new BoMain (backup repository). I got 2 Designers opened on the 2 repositories.
With the designer pointing on the production , i imported the new univers, i copied all the class, objects, table , etc …
In the designer pointing on the backup, i created a new univers where i pasted all in.
Then i checked the integrities => all was ok.
I saved .
And I exported it (in the backup repository) and…

"STATUT: 22394
MESSAGE: ORA-00001: unique constraint (DICO4.UNV_TABLE_PK) violated

ERREUR BASE DE DONNEES: -9 (UX0051)"

What i’ve made or not made ?
can you help me?

PS : sory about my english, i hope you understand me :wink:

Rom1 (BOB member since 2006-09-14)

You may have cross-linked repositories. The BOMain.key only contains the connection information to the Security Domain. When you replicate a repository in the way that you’ve done, you then need to change the connection information for all other connections to point to your new repository.

Else, they point to your production Universe and Document domains, not the cloned repository.

There’s a Supervisor FAQ for moving a repository. Ignore the step about turning off your old repository – it’s the same idea.

thanks a lot :wink:

Rom1 (BOB member since 2006-09-14)