BusinessObjects Board

Please wait while this document is being processed

Hi,

For each user that accesses Infoview and the first time they click a report (full client through infoview), the above message is displayed for an incredibly long time (eg 1 minute) before the prompts are displayed.

After that, documents/prompts appear very quickly after the link is clicked - it is only the first time that takes forever! I have tried set the sql to be fixed ie do not regenerate…this seems to help on subsequent document requests, but the initial one can still take up to a minute. I have mucked around with a few parameters in the admin console, but no luck.

Any comments/solutions welcome.

Thanks

Guido
Adelaide SA

gporcaro (BOB member since 2002-08-16)

There is a great related thread here.

Cindy Clayton :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-11)

Cindy,

Thanks for the pointer.

Many of the suggestions there I have already tried…ie I have even gone to the extent of going into individual reports and clicking “do not regenerate sql” within the sql tab of each dp (some of these docs have only 1 dp as well). For example when doing this, the report goes from 15 seconds to bring up the prompts, down to 3 seconds.

The issue is the first and first only report when a wi session is started…not for each access of each subsequent document - they all tend to appear within 3 - 5 seconds. ie I was thinking more along the lines of parameters within the bomanager that arent optimised!!

Anyhow, I will try some of the other suggestions in the thread you outlined and see if that helps.

BTW this problem is on 6.1a…it wasn’t evident on version 6.0 with the same documents etc.

Thanks

Guido
Adelaide SA

Hi,

Anyone experiencing this problem in 61a.

It is still causing us major grief.

Any help appreaciated

Guido
Adelaide, SA

There is some stuff that happens behind the scenes that could be causing this. Typically it’s the creation of the user folders, the import/downloading of the reports, etc…

Does this happen when revisiting the same report each time? Visiting the same report during the same session? Only when visiting different reports or… when launching for the first time?

-RM

digpen :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

Digpen,

Pretty much when launching for the first time (ie for each users session) regardless of what report they access.

You maybe on the right path, since there is one user who has the worst time of all…ie any report they acces takes a long time to appear. I tried deleting this user, deleting their directories etc and re-created them, but still same (inconsistent) problem.

Thanks

Guido

I think it could also be the loading of the java applet. It’s possible that they have: a slow computer, an older version of java, etc…

Those are some of the key differences that we’ve noticed. Oh… and connection speed also makes a difference. If the end user has to go through a couple of firewalls and a shared line, this always seems to hang around a bit longer.

-RM

digpen :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)