BusinessObjects Board

Physical copy of CMS Database and File Repository

Hello everyone,

I wanto to create two separate instances of BO services running, to support failover situations. The goal is to set the second instance to use its own CMS Database and File Repository.

A plan to achieve this is to copy both DB and FR from the first to the second machine periodically.

In order to to that i create a cluster copying db source from a first instance. Then physical copy of file repository is made. Till now everything works fine.

But when i physically copy CMS DB and FR Data the second instance is not able to respond in a right manner (after log on, it starts to process
something without end).

Is it possible to achive this in a way i’ve planned it. And if yes what should i consider to resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance

wojnarabc :poland: (BOB member since 2007-11-07)

I have a 11 step admin task list that I created from one of the XI guides last year.
It was the vendor’s recommended approach for copying the CMS - and it was more complex than just taking a database snapshot :!:

Not sure if this has changed since then, but it makes sense as the CMS also stores server configuration settings etc :yesnod:

I can’t post the list - probable copywrite violation - and don’t have the time to search - but look through the guides or ‘ahem’ contact me …

MikeD :south_africa: (BOB member since 2002-06-18)

are we talking about official BO guides?

PS. is it possible for you to share this 11 point list (e-mail, ftp …) :slight_smile: ?

wojnarabc :poland: (BOB member since 2007-11-07)

The ‘Profile’ setting for your BOBJ nic, is wonderfull for adding personal details such as your mail address i.e. that little email icon below my signature - with my email address - is from those settings … :wink:

I would send you info as to which guide and page number - but I’m a tad swamped in playing catchup to try and locate the originals so I have it in an admin spreadsheet …

Could you share this 11-point list with me Mike? I’m also struggling with copy-ing and restoring Repository and FileStore …

Tiny :netherlands: (BOB member since 2004-11-10)

There is a spreadsheet - XI3 System Control Sheet - in the Downloads section

One of the tabs after the admin tasks has the complete 11 step process.

thanks Mike , found it and testing it right now

Tiny :netherlands: (BOB member since 2004-11-10)