BusinessObjects Board

PGHBOUG 2016-12-01 Meeting (AIReS)

Registration is now open for the next Pittsburgh BusinessObjects Users Group meeting. The fall meeting will be held on Thursday December 1st 2016 at AIReS at Penn Center (Parkway West) in Pittsburgh, PA.

A special thanks to EVTechnologies for their support!

Location: 6 Penn Center West, (Parkway West between Downtown Pittsburgh and Airport) Please note: if using GPS, 6 Penn Center West, Robinson Twp. There is another 6 Penn Center in Monroeville. We don’t want anyone going there by mistake!
Attendance: Free - Advanced Registration Required, Government Issued Photo Id Required for Admission to Building
Parking: Parking is Free
Registration: If you plan to attend, please reply to this email and let me know your name and company.

Agenda:

08:30 - 08:50 Registration and Breakfast
08:50 - 09:00 Welcome & Announcements - Tammy Datri
09:00 - 10:00 What’s New in SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise 4.2, Dallas Marks - EVTechnologies
10:00 - 10:10 Break
10:10 - 11:10 SAP Lumira: What BI Administrators Need to Know, Dallas Marks - EVTechnologies
11:10 - 11:20 Break
11:20 - 12:00 Panel Discussion - Current Topics in Business Intelligence - Chris Pohl, BNYMellon - Dallas Marks, EVTechnologies - Bruno Masek, GB&Smith
12:00 - 12:00 Miscellaneous Announcements - Tammy Datri
12:15 - 12:30 Wrap-up and Giveaways - PGHBOUG Steering Committee

[b]What's New in SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise 4.2[/b]
[i]  Dallas Marks EVTechnologies[/i]

SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise 4.2 provides a wealth of new enhancements whether you are a user, developer or administrator. This session will focus on innovations as seen through the eyes of a business user who uses Web Intelligence or Lumira on a regular basis. We'll also unpack the benefits of adopting the Information Design Tool for universe design and SAP IQ for accelerating your existing data warehouse architecture.

[b]SAP Lumira: What BI Administrators Need to Know[/b]
[i] Dallas Marks EVTechnologies[/i]

Learn how to add SAP Lumira support to your existing SAP BI or Edge landscape. See several of Lumira's unique features for trusted data discovery and deploy to your user community with confidence.
- Learn how to install, size, and configure the SAP Lumira in-memory database engine on your existing SAP BI landscape
- See step-by-step how to configure security and govern SAP Lumira desktops from the BI platform
- Learn which Lumira capabilities are supported in Mobile BI and which ones aren't
- Adopt best practices for monitoring the SAP Lumira engine for peak performance
- Understand how SAP Lumira and Design Studio will converge with their 2.0 releases

[b]About Dallas Marks[/b]

Dallas Marks is a business intelligence architect with EVTechnologies, recognized in 2015 by SAP as its Analytics Outstanding Partner of the Year. An active blogger, SAP Mentor and co-author of the SAP Press book SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence: The Comprehensive Guide, he prefers piano keyboards over computer keyboards when not blogging or tweeting about business intelligence. You can find him on the web at http://www.dallasmarks.com.

Tammy Datri - Coordinator
Pittsburgh BusinessObjects User Group
pghboug@earthlink.net - www.pghboug.org

Chris Pohl :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-18)