BusinessObjects Board

Order of Data Providers

I have several Data Providers (Queries) for a Report and they appear (top-down) in the order I created them. Is there a way to move them so that they appear in the order I want. Thanks.

shabir :canada: (BOB member since 2007-03-01)

Hi,

no, there is no way how to change the order of the created data providers. :nonod:

You can either recreate the reports and create the DPs in order you want or you can use a macro to refresh the DPs in the order you need.

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

I don’t think so…, you have to create them again… or search for a utility in this forum which copies data providers…

BO_Chief :us: (BOB member since 2004-06-06)

Thanks - how would you use macros to recreate the DP’s?

I believe they show in alphabetical order. We added 1,2,3 … as the first character.

Juddy5 :us: (BOB member since 2002-11-22)

In version 6.5, they appear in the order they are created.

Have a look at this utility that copies the DPs from one document to another.

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

Well, I ended up using the feature to build a New Data Provider from an existing one. This time I ensured that I built them in the right order.

The utility seems to be for a prior version, and the disclaimer that it does not copy Sub-Queries made it unuseable.

Thanks! This is definetely a feature that is required in the product.

With 6.x and later, the utility is not needed if copying within the same document. It is still useful (with the known limitations) when copying across documents.

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)