BusinessObjects Board

Order of data provider

Hello guys.

I have two data providers in a report linked on an identifiant of a person.

One of the two needs the result of the other (where identifiant in Query Result)

I want the data provider needed in the other refreshes the first.

How can I do that ?

Thanks in advance.

Eric

ericf :fr: (BOB member since 2007-07-03)

You cannot change order of DP once its created.
Either it has to be recreated or if its not possible then a VB code snippet can be used to run the DPs selectively.

haider :es: (BOB member since 2005-07-18)

Thanks
I will recreate it.

In your new document, you might be able to help speed up your work by using the Copy Data Providers/Copy Variables utility that Dwayne Hoffpauir wrote and submitted to Bob’s Downloads. :wink:

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)

If the first query uses in its condition the results of the second query then BusObj is smart enough to recognize it and it automatically refreshes the second query first and then the first query.

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

Unfortunately no.
I had to create a new data provider from the second, replace all the variables,… recreate the first in second and then delete the oldest version of data provider.

Thanks to Anita, the next time, it will be quicker. :wink:

Eric

Maybe not in your case but generally yes. :yesnod:

Have a look at the attached example. The report that is based on eFashion universe contains 2 data providers. The selection of the state is done in the 2nd DP and the result of it is then used in the condition of the 1st DP.

BusObj knows that the 1st DP depends on the 2nd one so it runs the 2nd DP as first and only then it runs the 1st DP.
changed_order_of_DP_execution.rep (64.0 KB)

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)