BusinessObjects Board

optional prompts

Hi guys,

I have a situation regarding the pre-defined promts. I am using three prompts rightnow in my webI query. My requirement is user should be able to choose any of the two prompts and not even touch 3rd prompts. Is there any way i can make one prompts optional in my query panel. I know that without entering any value to the prompts BO wont allow me to acces my report. Is it possible that i can add “Unspecified” word as one of the LOV for any of the attribute and run the report. But my concern is the garbage value the report can throw.

Any suggestions and ideas.

thanks guys,
J. Wood

wood :nepal: (BOB member since 2006-06-05)

This is discussed many times in this forum. Please do a search for “Optional Prompts” and atleast you can find a bunch. Check this for example.

https://bobj-board.org/t/65124

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Peter_sandy (BOB member since 2005-08-11)

Hi

I have created a dummy table in my database which has ALL column on it and used UNION function on my PAID DATE dimension object property.
UNION
SELECT ALL FROM DUMMY table
I have checked Do not generate SQL before running but when i RUN it, i am getting error like

“Syntax error converting datetime from character string.State: 22007”

Hey guys help me on this issue.

thanks,
J Wood

wood :nepal: (BOB member since 2006-06-05)

Hi Wood,

No need to create dummy table. For example for efashion Universe you will use following syntex, may be helpful for you.

SELECT DISTINCT

Agg_yr_qt_rn_st_ln_ca_sr.Yr
FROM
Agg_yr_qt_rn_st_ln_ca_sr

UNION

SELECT ’ ALL’
FROM
Agg_yr_qt_rn_st_ln_ca_sr

ORDER BY 1

Also checked Do not generate SQL before running.

Let me know how will you resolved this issue.

Regards,
Goldy

goldy :india: (BOB member since 2006-06-06)