BusinessObjects Board

Opendoc : How to select ALL values?

Hi,
I have a requirement to display a table of each VP’s name & also ALL VP’s name. For example:

Manager Name:
ALL VP
Richard
Micheal
Sooraya
James

I am creating 2 different object, one for each VP and another one for for ALL VP. Actually both hyperlink should open the same child report, just that one is to open only one VP detail report, another link is to open all VP report.
I am able to create the hyperlink from 2nd line (Richard) to the last line (James) by using this syntax and it’s working (able to pass the single parameter to the next child report):

'<a href=../../opendoc/openDocument.jsp?iDocID=AbCdE12346Cx&amp;sIDType=CUID&amp;sWindow=New&amp;lsSFYQ='+ @Select(Fiscal Year and Quarter)+'&amp;lsSSeg='+ @Select(Segment)+'&amp;lsSVP='+ @Select(IT VP)+'>' +@Select(IT VP)+'</a>'

The syntax that I used to display ALL VP are :

'<a href=../../opendoc/openDocument.jsp?iDocID=AbCdE12346Cx&amp;sIDType=CUID&amp;sWindow=New&amp;lsSFYQ='+ @Select(Fiscal Year and Quarter)+'&amp;lsSSeg='+ @Select(Segment)+'&amp;lsMVP='+ @Select(IT VP)+'>' +'All VP'+'</a>'

Or should I use * to replace the @Select(IT VP) ? as below:

'<a href=../../opendoc/openDocument.jsp?iDocID=AbCdE12346Cx&amp;sIDType=CUID&amp;sWindow=New&amp;lsSFYQ='+ @Select(Fiscal Year and Quarter)+'&amp;lsSSeg='+ @Select(Segment)+'&amp;lsMVP='+ '*'+'>' +'All VP'+'</a>'

In the child report i have set the prompt to use IN LIST instead of Equal.

Anyone can advise how should I modify the ALL VP opendoc syntax above? Appreciate your help.

Thanks.

Didy :malaysia: (BOB member since 2009-05-07)

Anyone have any suggestion? tried several times with different approach but still didnt success. Please help… :hb: :hb:

I am using “-All-” described in

and

so my opendoc syntax looked something like …+"&lsM"+URLEncode(“Enter one or more States”)+"=-ALL-"+…

That is how I was able to successfully pass “ALL” for the prompt States to the linked report.

I hope this helps.

BO)_User :us: (BOB member since 2010-03-01)

Hi,

Thanks for sharing this wonderful tip. I’m having a requirement to implement this in near future.

M H Mohammed :us: (BOB member since 2010-06-16)

Dear BO_User,
I’ve tried to modified my opendoc object by replacing @Select(IT VP) to ALL as below :

'<a href=../../opendoc/openDocument.jsp?iDocID=AbCdE12346Cx&amp;sIDType=CUID&amp;sWindow=New&amp;lsSFYQ='+ @Select(Fiscal Year and Quarter)+'&amp;lsSSeg='+ @Select(Segment ID)+'&amp;lsMVP='+ 'ALL'+'&amp;lsSReportCategory='+ @Select(Report Category)+'>' +'All VP'+'</a>'

After parsed, seems no error. So i export my Universe and tested the report. When tried to click on the opendoc in the Infoview report, seems like parameter=ALL is not selecting any VP and the child returning empty report. FYI i’m using SQL database. Please help. Thanks.

I am using BO “Create hyperlink” function to help create my hyperlinks.
In View Mode, right click on the column that u want the hyperlink on and select hyperlink and new. This will bring up “Create hyperlink” window.

i tried to used this step by doing via Interactive mode, but still not sure what value should i put under ALL director parameter? :crazy_face:

In Create Hyperlink window, Under Document prompts:
Chose the prompt you want to change and select “Enter a constant” in the drop down window and then type in “ALL”.

After making all the changes in Create Hyperlink window then click apply and then OK.

:wave:

Hi BO_USER,
I have tried your suggestion by creating the hyperlink window, Under Document prompts:
Chose the prompt that want to change and select “Enter a constant” in the drop down window and then type in “ALL”.

My steps are :

1. View the report that I want to add the “ALL” hyperlink.
  2. Right click on a cell, selet Hyperlink → choose New.
  3. A Create Hyperlink window appear. Now I will browse and select the subreport that want to link from this report.
  4. Since the subreport already contain prompts in the query, the “SELECT PROMPTS” window appear. I am selecting both prompt(segment & VP) and click OK. For Segment i select “Prompt user at runtime” and For VP prompt, I clicked “Enter a constant” and type “ALL”. Finally click Apply & OK.
  5. I also choose the cell as “Read content as hyperlink”.

When tried to test on this newly hyperlink created, seems like it dont know what is “ALL” value. Once clicked at the hyperlink, it is opening the subreport with a prompt of asking user to select Segment (step #4). Once selected the segment, it bringing a blank subreport.

I also tried to see what is the opendoc value by unselect the cell from “Read content as hyperlink” and this is what i can see :

="<a href=\"../../opendoc/openDocument.jsp?iDocID=A124ezBcpQjbR&amp;sIDType=CUID&amp;sType=wid&amp;sRefresh=N&amp;lsSSeg=?&amp;lsMVP=ALL&amp;sWindow=New\" title=\"\" target=\"_self\" nav=\"doc\">ALL</a>"

Another thing to highlight is that inside the subreport, for the segment since this is allow only single value, so I am using Segment equal to …
while for VP since ALL should bring multivalue, i am using In List.

Please assist where is my mistake from the explanation above. :hb: :hb: :nonod: [/code]