BusinessObjects Board

One Repository Two Schemas

Hi all,

We have one Dev Repod (bob01),one Prod Repo(pbob01) and due to some security reasons they wanted to make the copy of Prod Repo onto Dev Repo but under different schema so that the developer can work on that instead of touching the original Prod Repo.
Can anyone tell me ,as how do we get connected to that schema which is under same Dev Repo but with diffrenet connections?
Do i need to create the new universe domain in the superisor?
Databse is Oracle9i
Please suggest
Thanks

randyj262004 (BOB member since 2004-04-09)

Can U Explain me with little more detail and clear

Sasikumar.M :india: (BOB member since 2003-08-01)

Hi,

We have one Dev Repository (test box) called dbob01 and one Production Repository called pbob01 as such we dont have any test box.So in order for us to make the dbob01 and pbob01 in Sync ,the dba made a copy of pbob01 onto the diffrerent schema in the same dev repository(dbob01).He created a new schema and copied the whole pbob01 repository tables into the new schema.
The reason to copy this onto diffrerent schema is ,they are not ready tocopy the production onto the dev repository as its going to wipe of the Dev Repository.Now the Copy and Production repo should be sync so that i want to test some universes without messing up with the Dev repository or Production repository.
Now when i try to add a new universe and document domains in the supervisor,its giving the error
The connection type already exists please select a diffrerent connection type.
Even though there are lot many posts about it, still i’m not clear about what i should do now to solve this error and create the domain.
Please suggest.
Thanks

Did you read the How do I move my repository? topic in the Supervisor FAQ? I suspect that you missed the step of immediately changing the universe/document domain connection as soon as you’d done the safe recovery (and created the new BOMain.key).

Depending on what you’ve done since, you may have a cross-linked repository. Do you have a good backup of your production repository?

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)

Thanks Anita,
The problem has been solved.Actaully i dint use the option RUN A SAFE RECOVERY because i was thinking its only for the damaged or messed up key recovery.
But later i used this option and created a new QA BOMAIN key and then as you mentioned i changed the connections for the Universe and Document domains.
Thanks a lot.