BusinessObjects Board

One hyperlink, but with multiple entries / multiple targets

Of course we can create hyperlinks with one target.

But let’s look at the following scenario:
I have 3 detail reports, which I can acess via hyperlink from a master report (all hyperlinks using the famous openDocument.jsp).

Now, in the master report (=Webi doc) I have one column, Customer Number. When I click on Customer Nnmber a small pop-up window should showsup offering me to jump to Target Report 1, Target Report 2, or Target Report 3.

How can I do that, please?

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

That’s one among the typical issues of vanilla openDocument.

Having it solved should involve additional jscript functions, that you can inject within the webi report. This is can be achieved with a tag included in a free standing cell, preferably placed in the header section, so to have it repeated on every page.
This allows you to have your floating window available. I don’t know whether you already have such a widget already available, but there are aplenty around internet (e.g.: http://www.webdesign.org/web-programming/javascript/creating-a-floating-window.10895.html
or jquery’s remarkable http://docs.jquery.com/UI/API/1.7/Dialog#overview)

Other solutions: this is a blog, and we are not supposed to advertise, but you might find useful taking a look to DL’s RLS (www.delta-lambda.com).

hth

CLS69 :it: (BOB member since 2009-06-11)

See this post.

Joe

joepeters :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

It’s very interesting, Joe :+1:

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

Hi Joe,

I have a similar requirement for a tooltip to be displayed to click on the hyperlinks.
Can you please help me in explaining the code given by you.

Thanks

Hummer (BOB member since 2014-07-21)

What do you need clarification on?

Hi Joe,

The javascripts usage and steps involved in acheiving the tooltip.
Sorry for being numb,am new to BO.

Thanks

Hummer (BOB member since 2014-07-21)

A quick Google search found this page which may help you.

Joe