BusinessObjects Board

O XI R3.1 can connect to OLAP Cube SQL Server 2005 and 2008

I am looking for the document that should that BO XI R3.1 can connect to OLAP Cube SQL Server 2005 and 2008 using a universe. Can someone send me the link to that ?

gogo (BOB member since 2005-06-03)

Hi,

Check the BO product guides here:
http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

Sounds good but which document is it :slight_smile:

Well, actually, you should check the list of supported platforms (PAR document) :slight_smile:

Have a look at this sticky topic to find out more about where to find PAR documents:

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

Thanks but I can’t find what I want there. Has anyone used SQL Server 2005 or 2008 OLAP Cubes through BO XI R3.1 and how does that work as this is OLAP technology and BO is a MOLAP tool.
We basically need to reproduce the same look and feel of SQL Server cubes within BO environment.

I am currently using a SQL Server 2008 OLAP cube with 3.1. I have a universe that I am using for Xcelsius and WebI.

soulie :us: (BOB member since 2005-03-15)

Great thanks for that. I know it works but as I have never used it I am wondering how this works as the cubes are OLAP and BO universe is a MOLAP tool. How do you reproduce the OLAP functionality within BO ?
Do you have to recreate your own hierarchies for example or is that automatically imported when the universe connect to the OLAP cube ?
Is an OLAP universe used in any different way to a normal BO universe ?