BusinessObjects Board

Number Format Discrepancy in BI 4.0

Hi,

We are using Oracle 11G and BI 4.0 and there is a number field which has got values like -

But in report, it is displaying -

We have not set any number format in universe or report level, but still we are seeing different values, we wish to have the values same as what is there in Database.

Could someone please help us in understanding why this is happening and is there any solution for the same?

aniketp :uk: (BOB member since 2007-10-05)

Why not try putting a format on the number at the universe side, or at worst the report level?

Mak 1 :uk: (BOB member since 2005-01-06)

Hey Mak, thanks for your response.

Actually what format should I define at universe level as I am not sure of what kind of format is coming in db like everytime it comes in different format in sense … sometimes 2 decimal places, sometimes 3 and sometimes none. So is there any format which can give me the exact values what is there in DB in BO ?

Well, you will have to assign the max number odf decimal places in the DB. That having being said this shouldn’t be happening, it may be worth searching SAP site to see if it is a known bug? Does this happen if you create a new universe in 4.0?

Seems someone is facing a similar issue here:-

https://bobj-board.org/t/220555

Hi Mak,

I am facing the same kind of issue, but didn’t get any solution till now.

Can someone please guide us if this is a bug in BI 4.0 or is it solvable?

You will have to search through the ADAPTS in this post to work that out:-

https://bobj-board.org/t/212450

Hey Mak ,

I didn’t check the above link, but I tried to troubleshoot the same at the report level.

Now when I define the format as -

0.########### - This gives me correct results in all cases , except the one case in which we have values like -

It displays it as 0.1 and 0.5 , and truncates the 0’s from the figure. If I get the solution to show these 0’s back, then this is resolved.