BusinessObjects Board

Novice question re BO v5 - OBJ_M_DOCUMENTS

We have a Business Objects v5 installation and I would like to get a log of report submissions - i.e. report name/user/date submitted. I have access to what I believe is the BO metadata repository, and have located a table called OBJ_M_DOCUMENTS, which seems to provide this sort of information, but the most recent entry in this table has a M_DOC_N_DATE of 1290873345, which by my calculations is about 7 months ago. I do know that users continue to execute reports on a regular basis however.
My question is: under what circumstances could users execute reports WITHOUT the report submission being logged in the OBJ_M_DOCUMENTS table?

I have only a high-level knowledge of Business Objects, but a reasonably good SQL background.

itm (BOB member since 2012-06-22)

You might want to check this topic:

It contains a link to download a list of tables in 5.x and what they’re used for. The OBJ_M_DOCUMENTS table is used to store documents, not schedules. Scheduled jobs are (I believe) stored in the DS_PENDING_JOB table instead. There is a link from the pending job table back to the document table to get document information.

Welcome to B:bob:B!

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

Have a look to the BOBdownload’s area there is a useful universe allowing to report on BCA jobs!

By the way not 100% sure what you are looking for. What do you mean by date submitted?

Hi,

If I remember correctly (was working with this very old BO version more that 8 years ago), then the M_DOC_N_DATE column of the OBJ_M_DOCUMENTS table stores a date when a report was exported into the BO repository. It does not store the date when a report ran the last time.

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

I was actually looking for the last time that each report was run, or more specifically the last time that the data on each report was refreshed (ad hoc reports as well as scheduled reports).
Is this actually logged anywhere in the BO repository, or would the repository only contain information on when reports were scheduled/retrieved from the repository?

itm (BOB member since 2012-06-22)

The repositroy is not storing this information …

Auditor but with limitation!