BusinessObjects Board

Not suppressing rows

I’m producing a report in Business Objects 6.5.1 which has a list of shop codes down the left hand side and financial periods across the top, with various bits of financial information

I want to ensure all shops are included down the left hand side, but where there is no data returned e.g. where there is no sales data for a shop yet, the blank row is supressed.

Is there anyway to stop supressing blank rows? I want them all to be shown.

Thanks

richyrich (BOB member since 2006-03-14)

Hi and welcome to B :mrgreen: B

please get inspiration from this BO reporter’s FAQ

This FAQ discusses the missing months to be included into the cross-table. In your case you need to have shop codes.

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

Thanks for your reply.

I did try a search before posting but didn’t find the bit you posted. Tried creating a new data provider and dropping it into my existing report, but that didn’t work.

However, when I created it all from scratch, it worked just right! I created a new provider with just the shop codes in first and dragged this into a table, then I created the new data provider with the sales data I wanted (including the shop code) and dragged this into the existing table. It kept all the shops and put the sales data against the correct codes.

Thanks for your help.

You are welcome 8)

2 notes:

1. This technique works only when the 2 data providers are linked via common dimension(s) - in your case it is shop_code. If both DPs are based on the same universe then linking is made automatically.

2. This technique does not work when you have sections. A cross-tab in the section will suppress the rows where you don’t have any sales data.

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

I’m not sure if that was the problem I was having.

I think when BO has generated reports automatically, it puts the data into cross tabs.

I made my own report from scratch, inserted a table into the report and then placed the data inside that.

What is the difference in the way tables and cross tabs are dealt with?