BusinessObjects Board

Not equal to

Hi,

We have a Report , for example we have two conditions as:

1. equal to US
    not equal to US

Now here I need to display the values in report as sum(sales) where country = US and other column as sum(sales)where country <> US.
The problem is that I am not able to display the <> function in the where clause:
please suggest as the alternate way of doing this .

this is very urgent.

thanks
wecando it

WeCanDoIt (BOB member since 2004-03-03)

Can’t you use an If-Then-Else formula?

jobjoris :netherlands: (BOB member since 2004-06-30)

If i got your Question correct, you are lookign for it in Query Panel

Then use “different from” as the operator

If its in report , use IF-THEN-ELSE as specified above

If i were completely off topic, Sorry and could youpelase be more specific.

Manu

mada :denmark: (BOB member since 2004-11-25)

seeing as its really urgent?

There’s lots of info on this through the search…

anyway, Measure Variables have to equal something - BusinessObjects reporter won’t allow you to build variables with Different From in the clause.

Create a flag variable with: IF ( <> “US”) then 1 Else 0 and call it non US

then create a second variable Sum( where = 1)

my syntax isn’t correct but should be close

dessa :madagascar: (BOB member since 2004-01-29)

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Honestly, WeCanDoIt, dessa is correct – if your needs are that urgent, you should help yourself first by doing a Search on BOB first. :wink: Remember that we are all users helping other users – not paid tech support. :wink: Be sure to take a look at our Search Tips and How to Ask Smart BOB Questions.

The latter link includes I bet that if my subjects says URGENT!!, I’ll get more responses, which says:

Your subject line is your main area to get attention. Don't waste it. Putting text like "Help", or "Can't get it to work" or worse yet "Urgent: Require Immediate Assistance" doesn't go very far towards getting someone interested in reading, much less answering your question. 

Your question may seem urgent to you, but it's not to the rest of us. Leave the word off of your subject and you will likely get more attention. Many people ignore "Urgent" postings as rude and selfish attempts to get special attention.

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)