BusinessObjects Board

No Server Products during 6.1b Installation

Everyone,

I tried installing 6.1b on my Windows 2000 SP4 server today. I do not get an option to install server products during installation?

Is this a license key issue? I am already working with a 2nd set of license keys from BO. :reallymad:

Any ideas how I can get the server software installed?

Thanks,

Bob Lang
Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance
bob_lang@rsausa.com

BobLang (BOB member since 2002-06-21)

Open the XML license file and see if the server products are enabled.

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

I looked at my XML License file. I see entries, such as :

"
"

Should I see something else?

Do you see an entry for InfoView?

Are you sure the OS is Windows 2000 Server and not Windows 2000 Professional?

Steve Krandel :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-25)

Has your Windows 2000 machine got active directory installed on it? This will usually give this problem… (it’s not supported anyway…)

Cheers,

Mart

mart (BOB member since 2004-02-10)

Hm… if it’s not a LicKey Issue (try a transition key meanwhile… :roll_eyes: )
the installation with with following parameter should work even the server is not recognized …

X:\setup.exe /v"IGNORE_PLATFORM_SUPPORT=1"
:wink:

yours…

WoBi

Wolfgang Bidner :austria: (BOB member since 2002-08-30)

Thanks for both the tips. It was active directory that was causing my problems. It has been removed, and I am now able to see the server products during installation. :smiley:

Before I removed Active Directory, I tried launching setup with Bidner’s suggestion and I was also able to get to the server products. :smiley:

Thanks for the suggestions!

Only 2? I went thru several until the nice person in Licensing sent me rights to about everything. But along the way, we found that I had the wrong version in the XML - version is specified in first line of XML I think. We had v6.0 and not 6.1 when I was testing 6.1a

scott copeland (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

indeed we made the same experience with our license key files within the last 10 monts…
An error in the key file is now in my support-hit-list and a license key file check is recomended whenever an installation goes wrong!

• no comment! -

WoBi

Wolfgang Bidner :austria: (BOB member since 2002-08-30)

Thanks for both the tips. It was active directory that was causing my problems. It has been removed, and I am now able to see the server products during installation.  

How do you remove Active directory ? Please explain me!!! :confused:

murali :new_zealand: (BOB member since 2002-08-16)

Look at this article from Microsoft’s TechNet: How to remove Active Directory

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

Dear Boblang,

Could you pl tell the path where I can get this XML file. I got one setup.controls.xml where I can see the tools/controls…with type parameter in controls tag set as NONE/BOTH/INSTALL…

Please let me know the path, this is quite urgent & want to resolve this asap.

Awaiting…!!!

Thanks in advance,
Chaitanya

chaitanyabhure :india: (BOB member since 2011-01-12)