BusinessObjects Board

No Data to Retrieve

Hi,

I’m getting this pop up if any of my queiries in the report dont generate data for the input values. Is there any way to avoid this pop up. The users dont want to see this pop up until and unless all the queries in the report fail to retrieve any data.

Raj

Raj_Konig :india: (BOB member since 2007-07-19)

Raj,

Have you tried working with NumberOfRows() function? Here is one possible application:

=If(NumberOfRows([Query 1])=0 and NumberOfRows([Query n])=0;"No Records Selected this run";"")

(you will have to change the second portion of the if first paramater expanding it to meet the number of queries you are using. The way I use this is a create a blank cell in the upper left portion of the first page of my report and omit any borders for the cell. I also build a local variable with the above code, then I drop that local variable into my blank cell. If the report runs and fetches data, then the verbiage “No Records Selected this run” won’t appear, however, if zilch occurs then a message.

Thanks,
John

jsanzone :us: (BOB member since 2006-09-12)

Thanks for the reply john.

Its seems I am not clear about the issue.

I have around 5 queries in my report. Out of which 2 to 3 populate data and others dont. In this case, BO Web Intelligence will pop up a message on top of the generated report
saying "There is no data Corresponding to this Query. Query 1, Query1(1), Query 5.

I dont want this to be popped up.

Thanks
Raj

One post here talks about some options for full client, some of which could be applied to webi. There is another topic here from the webi forum that you might review as well.

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

Thanks Dave. That helps grt!!!

I tried searching the forum before posting the topic. But the forum returned nothing for my search. I tried many options, “no data + retrieve”, "“no data to retrieve”, “no data to fetch” and also “no data”

but still nothing was displayed. is this any bug with the search function in this site? :slight_smile:

Thanks Again
Raj

No bug. :slight_smile: Just need to find the right words, and it also helps to limit the search to the correct forum(s)…

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

This message appears only in Webi designer mode, for user reading and refreshing reports, they don’t stumble on this…

Marc Doucet :canada: (BOB member since 2007-07-11)

The users are also see those messages

Swimmer :netherlands: (BOB member since 2006-08-23)