BusinessObjects Board

"No Data to retrieve" Pop up block

Hi Guys,

How can i block “No Data to retrieve” pop up in BO WebI XI R2 reports?
I have some reports that has multiple data providers and if report doesnot get data from any of the data providers, report throws this message. We do not want our users to see this message.
I appreciate your help.

Thanks,
J Wood

wood :nepal: (BOB member since 2006-06-05)

zack :us: (BOB member since 2007-08-02)

Please correct me if I am wrong. This solution is for FC only. It does not work on WebI.

substring :us: (BOB member since 2004-01-16)

I dont think it will give a pop up in WebI.

bobjkb :india: (BOB member since 2004-03-19)

Yes it does.

zack :us: (BOB member since 2007-08-02)

All,

This question has been asked several times and if you search there is an answer somewhere here on BOB. The only broblem with the solution is that it will disable all messages from BO not just the no data retrieved message. This includes all errors.

Markus

Markus Lowry :us: (BOB member since 2007-03-30)

There are several solutions outlined in the FAQ linked previously; only one of them requires VBA. The others related to specific query structures which can be built in Webi, and therefore can be used for that platform.

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

We fixed this as follows:

Go to \Program Files\Business Objects\Tomcat\webapps\businessobjects\enterprise115\desktoplaunch\viewers\cdz_adv\language\en\scripts and open viewer.js in a text editor.

Look for the following function: displayNoDataToFetch
This funtion has only 1 line of code. Prefix that with // to comment it.

The popup will not display after this change.

Farhan Jaffery :us: (BOB member since 2005-08-27)

In my humble opinion, completely disable the popup is not a good thing. The users will misinterprete that as really no data. In the example that Dave has pointed, there is always a chance the user has typed in the wrong input parameter. Therefore, it is better to provide a meaningful message than no message at all.

Just my $0.02.

substring :us: (BOB member since 2004-01-16)

I agree that the users need to know that the data might not have returned due to the parameters selected for that report or due to security restrictions. We opted to display this information as a message on the reports rather than in the generic popup.

Farhan Jaffery :us: (BOB member since 2005-08-27)