BusinessObjects Board

no data should state “No data for this graph" in graphs

Hi,

I am experiencing problem to display “No data for this graph" when ever blank charts comes. Can anyone experienced the same?. Please give your suggestion for this.

Regards
Madhes

madhes13 (BOB member since 2006-03-29)

I’ve never had this problem. But I have some questions for you.

1. Do you really have no data for the graph in question? (Look at the microcube to see if rows were returned from your query.)
  2. If you do have data for this graph, maybe you have a report-level filter that is preventing data from appearing.
  3. If you don’t have data for the graph, then if you want to display an empty graph or similar, you might need to:
  • either create an alerter to display something
  • or create an extra data provider to return a dummy row, or similar.

You can search for “No data to fetch” or similar error message in this Desktop forum. There is also a FAQ entry for this situation.

Here is the link to the FAQ with methods of getting around “No data to fetch”:

Good luck,
Judy

JMulders :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

Hi,

Thanks for you suggestions.

[quote=“JMulders”]

1. Do you really have no data for the graph in question? (Look at the microcube to see if rows were returned from your query.)
  2. If you do have data for this graph, maybe you have a report-level filter that is preventing data from appearing.
  3. If you don’t have data for the graph, then if you want to display an empty graph or similar, you might need to:
  • either create an alerter to display something
  • or create an extra data provider to return a dummy row, or similar.

for my case you 2nd questions would fit.I want to dispaly the message when ever the empy graphs comes. not for all other graphs(those graphs hase some data).This scenario developed based on filter conditions.Some time that particular value doesn’t have related fact values.

Thanks
Madhes

Oh, now I understand. I think you would like to display a message when there is no data, otherwise display a graph when there is data.

I haven’t tried to do this. But can’t you use the method of having two tables on top of each other, one with the message and the other with the graph? Then you hide one when there is data, otherwise you hide the other one? I think the method is described here on BOB.

After trying this method, then if you still have problems, re-post with your specific problem.

Judy

JMulders :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

Thanks For your reply.

I got the solution.

I created graph and one cell. when ever the data returned for the graph, then hidden cell otherwise enable the cell.

thanks
Madhes