BusinessObjects Board

"no data from dataprovider" message

Is there a possibility to disable the message that pop -up when you refresh the report and that says (I try to translate from dutch) something like "no data to fetch from dataprovider ?
I can’t find a way to do in the tutorial.
Johan

johangel (BOB member since 2003-03-23)

Look at this link http://www.infosol.com/bi/techtips/bo_tt6.html
It may be of help

Reema

reemagupta (BOB member since 2002-09-18)

There is a similar post at this link

I made such a cell, that appears when the table is empty.
But I mean a window dat BO shows after refreshing and that says that there are no data.When you click OK it is gone.It’s that ugly grey window I want to disable.
Johan

My second reply has the possible answers to doing it. Its a similar post from forumtopics.

Thanx,johan

That solution works for the message box, but I have 1 problem: I have 1 prompt after refreshing: give me the request code.
Of course that is not more prompted.
Any other solution?
Johan

Hi,

If you have read that thread properly thats how it works. If you have any prompts and you use

Application.Interactive = False

then the prompts will not be prompted and you have to manually take care of providing the value to the prompt again using SDK.

Sri
:wave:

Sridharan :india: (BOB member since 2002-11-08)

is there an other solution to disable the “no data window” with possibility to have a prompt in the document,
and yes, which?
johan

Hi,

As I’ve told in my previous thread that has to be taken care again using SDK only :!:

Sri
:wave:

Sridharan :india: (BOB member since 2002-11-08)

In brief:
Create a union query, so your data provider will always bring back at least one row. You will have to filter out that one row from your union query at the report level.

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

Oddly enough, another Johan asked this question waaaayyy back on the listserv. Here is that discussion. I found it by doing a search. This is one of our Reporter FAQ’s without an answer. If anyone is interested in searching and composing a thorough answer, there might be a special title in it for you… FAQ Contributor :wink:

Cindy Clayton :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-11)

I did searched the archived, but on the word: fetsch, and I found nothing of course.
That’s the problem with the dutch versions; what is the right translation in english.
Al the way, thank you for the link.
Johan

Ahhhhh! I see.

fetsch translates to fetch :smiley: One thing we can do is add fetsch to the alternate spellings list. A search on color or colour, finds the same messages. Fetsch and fetch could be treated the same way.

Done. 8)

Dave

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

OK so I guess I get the special title ;-). I’ve updated the FAQ’s. The answer is here.