BusinessObjects Board

Next Schedule Date

Hi All,

I would like to know the Next Schedule Date of all the jobs scheduled by BCA.

Can i get this information from any of the repository tables?If so,what is the table name and the fieldname?

All help is appreciated.

Thanks
Sheetal.

__________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!?
NEW from Yahoo! GeoCities - quick and easy web site hosting, just $8.95/month. http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1

Listserv Archives (BOB member since 2002-06-25)

Hi,
Unfortunately there is no direct method to get the next schedule but you can use the frequency(which defines how often the job is suppose to be executed) and the END_DATETIME from DS_PENDING_JOB table to get the desired results.

hope this helps…

Thanks
Amit Agarwal
Consultant
Saama Technologies
408-363-1500

Hi All,

I would like to know the Next Schedule Date of all the jobs scheduled by BCA.

Can i get this information from any of the repository tables?If so,what is the table name and the fieldname?

All help is appreciated.

Thanks
Sheetal.

_________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp

In a message dated 01-10-04 20:55:18 EDT, you write:

Unfortunately there is no direct method to get the next schedule but you can use the frequency(which defines how often the job is suppose to be executed) and the END_DATETIME from DS_PENDING_JOB table to get the desired results.

Or you can look at BEGIN_DATE. I believe that it contains the next date / time the job is scheduled to run. Don’t get confused with BEGIN_TIME, which contains the hours:minutes that a job will start. Here’s a direct quote from the documentation on the cd:

BEGIN_DATE (date) : is the date at which the job will be considered as being ëeligibleí. It is the field that should be modified if you want the ëExecution dateí to be modified. When a task is run, we duplicate the task, set its status to running (for the duplicated task) and the ëExecution dateí of the original task is computed.

Trying to combine the frequency with the END_DATETIME is probably not going to be correct. Jobs can get delayed for a variety of reasons (file watcher, BCA being down, etc.) You can’t judge when the job was next supposed to run by looking at when it last finished.

Regards,
Dave Rathbun
Integra Solutions
www.islink.com

Hey Dave…

Got one for you.

I want to change the BEGIN_TIME for a bunch of reports. What is the format of that field in DS_PENDING_JOBS.

For example: document A is supposed to refresh at 0315 and I want to change it (and others like it) to refresh at 0100. Same day, same schedule, just the time will change.

Also, where can I get info about the details on whats in DS_PENDING_JOB. You refer to a CD. Where?

tnx. See you in Grapevine…

dirmiger :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-28)

Geez… did you see the date on the post? :lol: Ancient history…

The cdrom that the software came on used to have a “freeware” folder. Inside that folder was a reference for the repository, including notes about what is in the BEGIN_TIME field. Fortunately, we’ve posted that content here in BOB’s Downloads. The BEGIN_TIME field is really, ummmm, “obtuse” would be a good word for it. :slight_smile:

You betcha! 8)

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)