BusinessObjects Board

New object in Universe

Hi Guys,

I want to create an object in the universe which will point to first day of every week. Object can be designed in such a way that it can be used only when using with another object.

For Ex:

Object Name: First Day of Week
Object Value: 25/07/2011, 18/07/2011, 11/07/2011 etc…

Best Regards,
Shazin

Shazin :india: (BOB member since 2011-07-19)

Do you have a calendar table, what database do you use?

What do you want to use this for? You could create something using Today logic and a custom calendar, for example, when scheduling.

Mak 1 :uk: (BOB member since 2005-01-06)

Hi Mak,

I am using an Oracle database as a data provider. I want to use this for reporting data on a weekly basis.

Ex: I will be taking a constant start date like 01/08/2011 and now I want to drill data on weekly basis like the next date should be 08/08/2011 and thereon.

Best Regards,
Shazin

Do you want a full weeks data to be displayed?

Have you gone through this:-

https://bobj-board.org/t/152613

Mak 1 :uk: (BOB member since 2005-01-06)

Hi Mak,

Yes, I have full weeks data to be displayed because I will be fetching the data till only last week.

The link provided by you seems helpfull. I will have a look and will advise.

Best Regards,
Shazin

Hi Mak,

I suppose this is possible when using trunc(sysdate,‘Day’) in the universe. Thanks for the info given yesterday.

Please can you advise if this will be possible in any way by using variables in Deski.

Best Regards,
Shazin

Moderator Note: Your other topic on how this can be done in Desk-I is still open. So for any report related questions, please carry on with your other topic.

Jansi :india: (BOB member since 2008-05-12)