BusinessObjects Board

Nested Prompts?

Hi,
I Need to create nested prompts to generate the final filter condition.
For Example:
First ,I need to display a prompt say"Select the Geographical Measure"
this has static LOV (‘ALL’,‘Region’,‘Country’,‘City’) stored in .txt. Now if
the user selects Country then i need to display another LOV for all the countries. Same is the case for all other selections( Region /City), i need to display the respective LOV. If he selects “ALL” i need to consider all the options without any filter.
:smiley: :smiley:
Can anyone help me in this regards.
Does BO support this kind of nested prompts?

Note : I donot want to use VBA macros.

kondratr :switzerland: (BOB member since 2005-02-02)

Your best bet are Cascading Prompts for now, look at this post in FAQ Designer.

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

Hello!

I’ve looked at all the other threads on cascading prompts, and I might be reading them wrong, but they show how to cascade prompts where it sort of filters the questions down. What I’m looking to do is a variation of that something similar to Trigs issue. I’m looking to have the first prompt say, “Pick reporting entity” LOV{‘Division’, ‘Region’, ‘Center’} If the user picks Division, then a Division prompt would appear asking to choose a Division. If the user picks Region, the a region prompt would appear, and so forth. How do you do this?

Thanks!

award (BOB member since 2004-10-08)

As far as I am aware as of Business Objects ver 6.5 you cannot (unless you use VBA).

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

continuing this thread, i just have a similar question to be re-confirmed. I want a prompt such as like, if the user selects a country lets say america, it should display all the states in america and after selecting a particular state, it should take the user to the list of the cities.is this possible in BO??

venira :india: (BOB member since 2004-12-07)

Hi Venira,

The cascading prompts is the answer for your question. You can search for it here… But if you are looking for something what abritsch has asked in this thread, it’s not possible as far as I know even in the new version…

Regards,
Mohan

cpmohanraj :australia: (BOB member since 2002-09-23)

exactly!my question looks to be same as abritsch.i think this is a basic requirement and i hope BO will stretch out and fix this soon.Thanks a lot mohanraj!!

venira :india: (BOB member since 2004-12-07)