BusinessObjects Board

Need Yes/ No option in the prompt.

Hi Guru’s,

As this is my first post please correct me if i am missing any information.

User want 4 prompts in the report with selection criteria - YES/NO option.

If he select yes then relavent data has to be displayed in the specific block else no block.

In my report i have 4 block of data.Each block refer to a prompt.Please let me know how can i build this report in WebXI.

Thanks
Kumar_08

kumar_08 (BOB member since 2008-11-09)

Not sure what you mean by relevant data
You can however create a flag object using the userresponse() function as

= IF(USERRESPONSE("")= "YES";"Y";"N") 

Then apply filter on the block using this object

haider :es: (BOB member since 2005-07-18)

Thanks! Haider for quick response. I am sorry if i miss some information.

User should have ability to include/exclude these 4 options( in the report) For example.
Prompts: Enter Value for A : YES/NO
Enter Value for B : YES/NO
Enter Value for C : YES/NO
Enter Value for D : YES/NO

If the Value is yes then it has to display table related otherwise hide the tables or dont show the tables.

Thanks,
kumasr_08

Hi,
I think you can do it by cascaded prompt for each one of them but not sure will be achieved exactly or not.

Omkar Paranjpe :us: (BOB member since 2006-02-13)

You did not tell how the prompt value (yes/no) has to be related to the relevant data in respective blocks
Give sample data on what is actually is present and what is required.
And its a webI report I guess?

haider :es: (BOB member since 2005-07-18)

Hi haider,

Thanks for the Quick response.
Yes it s webI XI report.

I have 2 prompts one with date range and other one as site.Along with this
user want Financial tables, order tables,Claims tables in the report in seperate blocks.In the prompt they want to see YES or NO

Ex: Prompt : Select the Financiial Report - Yes/No ( in the list). If the user select ‘yes’ then financial data has to be displayed else hide the Block.

Similarly they want this options for Orders and claims.If it is still unclear please let me know.I will try to provide some more information.

I was trying creating a prompt in the universe but i am getting error when trying to use in the report.
SELECT
reship_codes.reship_code,
reship_codes.descr
FROM
reship_codes
WHERE
(
reship_codes.reship_code In ( ‘DA’ )
AND
( ( case when (@prompt(‘Select your report’,‘A’,{‘YES’,‘NO’},MONO,FREE)) = “YES” then ( ff.reship_codes.reship_code ) else null end )

)

)

Please correct me.

Thanks,
kumar_08

Kumar,

First of all you need to create one filter in Universe to show Yes/No and here is the formula for the filter:

@prompt(‘Select your report’,‘A’,{‘YES’,‘NO’},MONO,FREE)

As my understanding with your post for each crieria (Financial tables, order tables,Claims tables) you have different table in report. If you select Yes for Financial Table then you want to show the table for Financial data and if NO then you want hide.

If this is the case, create one variable in the report based on prompt message

VariableX: if(useresponse("'Select your report")=“Yes”;“True”;“False”)

Than apply a filter on the table which says VariableX=True.

And do the same thing for different criteria. Good Luck

Thanks,

Raj

rj_srnth (BOB member since 2006-12-09)

Hi Raj,

Thanks for the response.I have tried to do as you suggested but i am getting error with following syntax.

VariableX: if(useresponse("'Select your report")=“Yes”;“True”;“False”)

string UserResponse(object data_provider; string prompt) -can you please suggest me what will be my object data_provider in this case.

Thanks,
kumar_08

VariableX: if(useresponse([Dataprovider Name];“Select your report”)=“Yes”;“True”;“False”)

Give the name of your data provider in above formula. I just corrected the quotes in that formula.

Raj

rj_srnth (BOB member since 2006-12-09)

Hi Raj,

Thanks for the quick response.I tried as you suggested but i am getting error. I have created a prompt in the universe
@prompt(‘Select Info’,‘A’,{‘YES’,‘NO’},MONO,FREE) and when i trying to use this, its giving error.

VariableX: if(useresponse([Dataprovider Name];“Select your report”)=“Yes”;“True”;“False”) - Even when i am trying to get the syntax,as you have suggested i am getting error. Please correct me.

I am working on other syntax but i have problem with that.I am trying to get 2queries in one single report with YES/NO prompts for each query.When i am selecting Yes for the both the prompts i dont have any problem but when i am selecting No then i am getting message as" " there is no data corresponding to query 1 but i am getting data for second query.Is it possible any way we can avoid this message because it may confuse users.Please do the needful.

Thanks,
kumar_08

Are you typing UserResponse correctly? You are missing an ‘R’

Use the VBA method suggested here to get rid of the message.

Jansi :india: (BOB member since 2008-05-12)

Hi Jansi,

Thanks for the response.I am using Web XI.VBA is possible in DeskI but i am not sure we can do it in WebI.Please correct if i am Wrong.

Thanks,
Kumar_08

Oh Sorry :oops: The forum where you opened this topic is Desk-I. In Web-I you can’t use VBA code.

Jansi :india: (BOB member since 2008-05-12)