BusinessObjects Board

Need to Remove the timestamp when refreshing the reports

Hi All,

I am using BOXI R2. I have created webi report with prompts for date.

Now whenever I refresh the report it prompt me for date and It shows me the calender. I select the date but after selecting the date it shows the time stamp with date.

I need to show only date without timestamp everytime i refresh the report.

As well as in database we have date with timestamp.

As well as I do not want to modify in database.

Is there way we can do this… :hb:

Thanks for the help in advance.

Kajal :us: (BOB member since 2006-09-08)

At the Universe Level while building the date Object, have you tried using
Trunc(Table.datecolumn)?

Thanks,
Kon

konquistador :us: (BOB member since 2006-01-04)

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I am using “CAST(CONVERT(char(8),table.column name ,112) as datetime)” function at universe level.

But still in webi it shows date with timestamp.

Thanks.

Hi All,

I found oe more thing, this is happen only in view mode i.e. when I open the report in view mode and refresh it then select the date then it comes with time stamp but when i modify it and refresh the report and put the date then it shows only date without timestamp.

Thanks. :hb:

In the report I use:

Substring(StringOfthedate;1;10)

I don’t know how to solve at the prompt

infacc00 :es: (BOB member since 2007-05-14)

Hi All,

I have few question on calender which pops up when we have prompt for Date.

1. Does BO is default shows the timestamp with date selected in webi when refresh the report in view mode?
  2. If yes then how to modify the calender so it doesnot shows the timestamp with date.

Thanks.

I face the same issue

Thanks

Yvon

Yvon P (BOB member since 2006-04-27)

I think there is no possibility of removing the timestamp. even i have reports of the same kind which is displayed with timestamp

DWH (BOB member since 2006-04-25)

I had the same issue, but not in WebI, so I’m not sure if this is what you need. I resolved on the universe side. Here is a link I found that helped fix my problem…

Maybe it will help.

Priscilla

pkmixon (BOB member since 2006-03-20)

As soon as you start applying functions at the client level (ie truncate, instring etc. etc.) you will find unless your DBA has built some function based indexes (unlikely), the indexes won’t get hit and performance will be compromised.

Which leads me onto my second point, a good data warehouse should have dates truncated when stored as a date. If storing date and time as an element is important, this should be in a seperate column on the table (ie Date = trunc(Date), DateTime = Date).

If this is done, you should be able to either:

a) manually enter in the date without a time element.
b) select from the calendar object. This will return a time element, but if the column you are hitting alredy has dates truncated, the issue should become one of cosmetics only.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

The Emu :australia: (BOB member since 2002-09-13)

Did you get your answer Kajal,

I am facing the same problem. And I get this problem when I open the report in view mode or save the report and reopen it. Please let me know if you find a way to eliminate the time (even though it is default) from the date field. Also Trunc(Table.datecolumn) did not work for me at universe level.

I use BO XI R2 and DB2 Ver8.

Thanks in advance
V

its_vicky07 :us: (BOB member since 2007-09-02)

Hi Vikky,

I didn’t get any resolution for this issue.

Thanks.

BO treats date as string when we passed as prompt, so it displays timestamp. we can remove this by appyling to_char() function in universe.

Create a new object in universe of type char.
then apply function
to_char(calendar_date,‘mm/dd/yyyy’), not exact the same, something like that.
But we can’t sort the variable, if we apply sort then it ll sort as
01/01/2005
01/01/2006

sreedharjujare (BOB member since 2008-01-15)

This works if you are selecting from the LOV, it doesn’t work with calendar. I don’t believe there are any changes you can make at a universe level where you can stop this behaviour with the calendar.

You are better off using Truncate if you are using Oracle or a DB function that will convert your character to a date once you have set the desired “format”…

Mak 1 :uk: (BOB member since 2005-01-06)