BusinessObjects Board

Need to remove the time 01/01/2011 12:00 AM at universe

Dear All,

I have to remove the time from the object (Start Date) at universe level.When I used the object in web report as a prompt it shows
01/01/2011 12:00 AM
and I want only
01/01/2011

Thanks in Advance

somil2915 (BOB member since 2010-08-18)

Hi,

You can format that Date Object in ‘MM/dd/yyyy’ format in the Object Definition itself at the Universe level. Then you can use that Onject in the Prompt at the Report Level.

NewtonsApple

NewtonsApple (BOB member since 2009-08-11)

Dear Somil,

Please create the Date object Datatype is Character.
and create object as TO_CHAR(TABLE.XYZ_DATE,‘DD/MM/YYYY’).

Regards
BO4BI

BO4BI (BOB member since 2010-04-28)

Goto properties of your date object in the Universe and then click the Edit object then click the SQL and then customize the SQL for your date object like TO_CHAR(TABLE.XYZ_DATE,‘DD/MM/YYYY’)

Check the do not generate the sql query then save and close. In the properties window check the export with Universe then click apply and ok then export the universe.

Now you use this object in the report and check.

SivakumarS :singapore: (BOB member since 2006-08-10)

Hi somil,
If you are working on an oracle database then you can you trunc function . for eg trunc(Start Date).

siraj03 (BOB member since 2011-04-28)

Hi, please review the FAQ topic as many questions (such as this one) have been discussed before. The FAQ for this forum includes a link to this topic which contains several suggested solutions and potential issues that you can experience in solving this issue. Thanks.

Bob (BOB member since 2002-06-06)