BusinessObjects Board

Need to delete old reports from User's inbox

Hi,

There are many old reports present in user’s inbox and they are taking huge space on server. As a report retention policy, we need to delete users inbox reports older than 6 month.

1. Is there any tool other than “Instance manager” which we can use to delete these reports?
  2. IS there any UNIX script which we can schedule to run periodically?
  3. Is there any other method to do this activity?

Below are my environment details :

===========================================

Version: BOXI R2 SP5 FP5.5
Application/Web server: Tomcat/Apache
CMS DB: Oracle 10g

===========================================

Please help me in this.

Thanks,

Swapnil Rodge.
[/u]

swapnilrodge (BOB member since 2009-01-03)

You could try setting up the Limits under Settings. We have this set up in our non-production environments. I’m not sure if this applies to a user’s Inbox though as I haven’t tested it. It does work for the Public Folders, you just need to use the Everyone group to set the limits for.

That’s a great question. I don’t think there is anyting out there that will do this automatically.

Inboxes are not visible from the instance manager. The entries in inboxes are not considered instances, so the limits do not apply. I think all you can do is to write some sort of JSP that does the work. But, even then, I’m not sure the API has what you’re looking for.

Seems to me the best thing is to have the users clean out their inboxes.

Steve Krandel :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-25)

Hi,

I don’t want to force users to delete their reports from inbox. Some of the users might not intrested to do this activity.

Is there any other free tool to do this activity or script instead of this manual approach?

Thanks,

Swapnil Rodge.

swapnilrodge (BOB member since 2009-01-03)

CMS sdk is the solution …

Here is the tool I wrote for this purpose:

Sheshachala5 :india: (BOB member since 2004-01-09)