BusinessObjects Board

Need Suggestion to setup a Repository in Good Manner

Hi All,

I need your suggestion in setting up repository. I need to know what is the best method of doing it .

Situation.
1.We have 6.5.1 version.We are mostly using Webi Reports and will use FC only if there is any complexity in Webi

2.Right now we have seperate repository for Dev, test and Prod.

1. Right now very few real users are using it.

But going forward…

What are the changes can we do?

1. we can have multiple domains with one repoistiry so that we can avoid difficulties in migrating stuff from dev, test to Prod every time for both Universe and Documentss

2. But client is not comfortable in having same universe name in both test and prod domain as we may overwrite it accidentally when we expeort the universe.In such case, we can’t change the universe in we bi reports .

Then Is this only way of having different repository so that we can avoid overwriting the universes…

Let me know what is the best way of doing it . Since we are in earlier stage …it is better to decide now for future enhancements … and maintainance.

Thanks in Advance.

psk (BOB member since 2004-08-04)

Hi,

You can have user (admin) who have only the right to export universe to dev and integration then an other one for integration and production. Or use only your sup gen for exports under prod domain.

Regards

Take a look at this FAQ entry as well as this FAQ entry.

BTW, the FAQs are a great place to start when looking for help. :wink:

MichaelWelter :vatican_city: (BOB member since 2002-08-08)