BusinessObjects Board

Need answer for the difference?

Hi,

I need answer for the following questions:

1)Diff between BO 6.5.1 and BOXI R1/R2?

2)Diff between ZABO and Desktop Intelligence?

1. Diff Between Web I and Infoview?

4)Diff between WebI and Desktop Intelligence in BOXI ?

And also please send me Interview type Questions(Real time Questions) in BOXI R2

Thanks

sabari11@gmail.com (BOB member since 2008-09-17)

For all your above requirements(point 1 to 4) go through the XIr2 documentation guides from here

But remember that BOB is not a place to prepare for interviews
For interview related questions a link was already given for sticky topic in General discussion forum

haider :es: (BOB member since 2005-07-18)

Hi

The interview questions are available here, you can look at the geekinterview.com also.
BusinessObjects Interview Questions

Regards
Siva.M

looksmee :uk: (BOB member since 2006-02-08)

Difference Between WEBI and DESKI

WEBI – Timeout Error can appear and DESKI – No Timeout error

DeskI is full-client software and meant for the desktop and must be installed for every user, WebI is web based
Deski

1. VB Macro
  2. Slice and Dice functionality
  3. Database Ranking is not there
  4. Column can be conditionally hidden
  5. Free-hand sql, SP can be used as data providers

WEBI

1. Macro is not there
  2. Slice and Dice functionality is not there
  3. Database Ranking is there
  4. Column cannot be conditionally hidden
  5. Only universe is used as a data provider.

• In webi,you cannot associate a condition to the block or cell to hide it from displaying in report,(but we can hide a section when certain value is zero)but in deski we can do
• server side data ranking is possible in Webi but not in Deski
• In webi you can have the custom calendar object but not in deski.
• Alternating row shading can be done in webi thru alternate row shading property, but in deski we need to create a formulae for fetching the row numbers and creating alerter.
• Prompt order can be done in the query panel (prompt order) itself in webi, whereas in deski, we need to start the prompt text with numeric like 1.select state…
• Web Intelligence does not have User-Defined Objects, whereas deski does
• Custom calendar object is not available in Deski where as Webi does.
• Webi, you can only create reports using universe.,But in Deski we can create report from other data providers like excel, free hand sql and universe.

ZABO and FULL CLIENT difference

1. ZABO cannot use either personal connections nor FreeHand SQL but DESKI can.

2. With ZABO, all database connections are managed by the ZABO/WebI server. With full-client, database middleware and related configuration is on each workstation.

So, Full-Client Reporter is a “2-tier” tool – the Reporter module sends the query to the database, and the results are brought right back to your computer.
Reporter <–> Database

ZABO is a “3-tier” tool – the ZABO Reporter module formulates the query, and sends it to the ZABO/WebI server, which then sends the query to the database (using the database middleware and configuration on the server) – the ZABO/WebI server receives the data cube back – and then forwards the data cube to the ZABO client.
ZABO Reporter <–> WebI Server <–> Database

Once I collected this much differences on this forum. This might help you. But I too don’t have the clear picture of ZABO and DESKI.

Note: Please try to avoid asking for interview questions.

aniketp :uk: (BOB member since 2007-10-05)

Aniket, the Slice and Dice functionality is available in both - only the S&D panel is ‘missing’ in Webi.

Quite. Please do your some research, these have all been asked and discussed before.

dessa :madagascar: (BOB member since 2004-01-29)

:yesnod: , But practically I was right… I think so.

Please remember that

Desktop Intelligence
Web Intelligence
Infoview

Are three entirely discrete components of the Business Objects suite. Remember, Web Intelligence is NOT Infoview.

cashworth (BOB member since 2005-02-09)

Umm no.
Whether intended or not you implied that you cannot S&D in Webi - which you can do. All that is missing is some irrelevant S&D panel.

dessa :madagascar: (BOB member since 2004-01-29)

:yesnod: :yesnod: I apologize. Thanks for your answer.

Hi,

Would you please explain how you do this?

Thanks

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

I never tried this and never followed this, as It was never my requirement, and that’s why I wrote:

So why posting something that you have not tried and you are not sure whether it really works :?: Or even posting something that does not work and can mislead/confuse the original poster :?:

But at least he or she can get the idea or can try.

It was with me, so I posted and it might be possible that this thing can misguide but it is more beneficial to the poster.

So I posted, rest if you think I made mistake, I apologize.

This can only be done via two work arounds in Deski, I’m sure you know what they are, Marek:-

Creating two versions of the table and conditionally hide one with or without the column as appropriate.
Hide the column via an alert.

You cvan also do similar techniques using filters, hide block when empty and alerts in Webi…

Mak 1 :uk: (BOB member since 2005-01-06)

Mak 1, I know this of course. But these are workarounds how to get columns hidden. It’s not direct conditional hiding of columns as the post suggests.

Exactly, I thought I would post them, as workarounds, just to take this confusion out of the topic.

To be very candid, I think people should only post if they have something useful to say.
This can be anything from a rough idea / suggestion to an actual solution IMO.

Recently, I have seen a lot of garbage posted on to this forum and I try nicely to suggest when someone has suggested something wrong.

Which, incidently, I have myself on a few occasions… :mrgreen: .

Mak 1 :uk: (BOB member since 2005-01-06)

Very true.

But now if we take today’s example, due to this posts I think many members will be cleared with this confusion as an example I am cleared.

And I only attempted to solve the issue.