BusinessObjects Board

Multivalue Error in report

I have created one universe with 13 classes. Each class having 2 measures and some dimensions. For one class it has 6 measures and 3 dimensions. when I try to create a report with the class which is having 6 measures and 3 dimensions it is showing as multivalue error in the output. I know how to resolve it. the measures in the classes are kept as none in object properties. Except for this class all classes are showing some output in the webi report. I want to know why it showing multivalue error only for this class

surya_sudheer :india: (BOB member since 2006-11-01)

Have you checked the integrity of the universe? Defined cardinality?

Thanks,
Thomas

Thomas Evans :new_zealand: (BOB member since 2013-10-17)

I have done the check integrity and defined the cardinality. Only for one class it is happening. For remaining classes it is not happening.

It is to do with the granularity of the queries that are run.

SQL aggregation will take place during the running of the query, Sum, Max etc, have you defined these for your objects?

Projected aggregation takes place on the face of the report using the Webi aggregation engine.

More info here:-
https://bobj-board.org/t/71712

Mak 1 :uk: (BOB member since 2005-01-06)

During creation of universe we will select the tables and next we will select the measures. At that time I have defined the sum,count,max etc. Not in the Universe Object properties. It is resolved.But I want to know why it is only for one class.

Do any of the dimensions from the class work on their own?

Thanks,
Thomas Evans - NZ

Thomas Evans :new_zealand: (BOB member since 2013-10-17)

Well this is wrong, if you are talking about a general rule of thumb.

Either your relationships / joins are set up incorrectly, or the granularity of the loaded table is incorrect.
Without knowing a little more about the schema and the objects involved, I cannot help further.

Mak 1 :uk: (BOB member since 2005-01-06)