Multiple Prompts in Report

Hi All

Im working on one report , here i need to have three prompts 

prompt1 : Program A
Prompt2 : Program B
Prompt3 : Custom Date

When i run that report it has to display the prompt with the above three
values in it.
When i click on the Program A , it has to display the Program A period (i.e 4/1/2005 to 4/20/2005)

When i click on the program B , it has to display the Program B period(i.e 5/1/2005 to 5/20/2005)

When i click on the Custom Dateā€¦ it has to prompt me to enter start date and end date.

I was able to get the first two by adding an object in Universeā€¦ but i donā€™t know how to get the third one (custom date)

Any idea?? Thanks in Advance.

Prasad123 (BOB member since 2005-04-14)

Hi Prasad,

You can use the following formula to get the custom date if thatā€™s what you are looking forā€¦

Tablename.Objectname BETWEEN @variable(ā€˜3. Enter Start Date as ā€˜ā€˜mm/dd/yyyyā€™ā€™ā€™) AND @variable(ā€˜4. Enter End Date as ā€˜ā€˜mm/dd/yyyyā€™ā€™ā€™)

NOTE: When you Type in prompts with BETWEEN operator it will show up as @variable in SQL.

Hope that helps. Let us know.

YASH :smiley:

way2boguru (BOB member since 2005-01-17)

Hi Yash

Looks like you are not clear... let me put it this way

The first two prompts should be predefinedā€¦ i donā€™t need to enter any valuesā€¦ if i select ā€œProgram Aā€ then it should display the specified range
and same with ā€œProgram Bā€ too.

If iam not intrested in the above two ā€¦ then i have to select ā€œCustom Dateā€ā€¦ there it should ask me to enter ā€˜Start Dateā€™ and ā€˜End dateā€™

I hope it will give more understanding

thanks
Prasad

try to create the prompts in Designer with case statement
NEO

KhoushikTTT :us: (BOB member since 2005-02-24)

I donā€™t think this is possible as youā€™ll always have to enter a value in a prompt if Iā€™m not mistaken.

jobjoris :netherlands: (BOB member since 2004-06-30)

You can do that in VBA.

JTAMBLYN :canada: (BOB member since 2003-05-28)

Hi

I already created first two prompts wtih CASE in Designer but i was not able to create the third oneā€¦since when i click on the thirdā€¦again it should promt to enter ā€œstart dateā€ and ā€œend dateā€

Any idea?

this should help you a lot. Material on cascading prompts.

Hope this will work

NEO

KhoushikTTT :us: (BOB member since 2005-02-24)