BusinessObjects Board

Multiple Failed Jobs

I’ve got 8 business objects rescheduled jobs that normally run fine but over the last couple of days they are failing multiple times (1 of them failed over 230,000 times) and I don’t know why.

The error message showing with each instance is:

Object could not be scheduled within the specified time interval

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Stuart.

Smithsc (BOB member since 2008-10-08)

Are these scheduled when maintenance is being done on the database or are any of the job servers not available?

That said, I have noticed that the rescheduled jobs fail more often than those scheduled from scratch. I am not sure why though.

Also, which version of XI are you on?

Mitra Moini (BOB member since 2002-09-01)

See this thread.

Joe

joepeters :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

we also had this issue on monday, I never installed a java update and it seemed to clear itself up, the failed instances eventually cleared themselves too. I have to say (after being a BO developer from the very beginning) BOXI r3 is the biggest pile of buggy s**t I have ever had the misfortune of being in charge of

smilerbaker (BOB member since 2011-03-23)

[Moderator note - moved to Scheduler forum]

Nick Daniels :uk: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

Guess you never worked with App Foundation 6.1a :slight_smile:

joepeters :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

This apparently is a ‘known bug’ in at least up to 3.1 SP3.3! SAP has a KB#1448881 which acknowledges this issue. It seems to only affect the scheduled reports that are ‘DAILY’ and not others (weekly, hourly, etc).

Inside the KB there are links to some tools to help get over the ‘hurt’. One is their ‘ESDT tool’ which allows you to search your db for failed instances and actually reschedule them and maintain original owner. Cleans out excess fails in your DB too).

Also found in this KB is a link to download the java TZUpdater. Also recommended for any system going througha DayLight Savings transition. Apparently there is something awry with the new DST timings! This is found www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html – you may have to hunt a little for the Time Zone tool .

After a certain amount of time that DST has been effect, your issue will not occur; at least not until the next change!

Just watch for those ‘DAILY’ schedules!!!

:slight_smile:

carol.gottlieb (BOB member since 2008-10-01)