BusinessObjects Board

multiple conditions within a deski report

Hi all. I currently create reports out of our Oracle 10g database using SQL, Perl and XML. I’m testing BO XI MR2 functionality and trying to duplicate my reporting within this application. Having said that, I’ve run into a problem. This is probably easy for you experts - I’m very new to this environment. My current report appears as a crosstab, where I have multiple SQL statments with different where clauses to poplulate the cells.
Example: select count(employee) from table where salary is not null, select count(*) from table where to_char(hire_date,‘YYYYMMDD’) = ‘20071218’, etc…
How do you create a deski report (crosstab if possible) with multiple conditions?

Thanks in advance!

jodugg :us: (BOB member since 2007-12-18)

Do you mean multiple queries in a single report? DESKI (and WEBI) support multiple queries. Just create the queries (insert/table from menu). The create a relationship between the queries (data providers) in data manager (icon that looks like a rubic cube).

Here’s a link with download on this subject:

You can also call a stored proc from deski as well (maybe you have something already written?)

Regards,

Steve

SteveBickerton :canada: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

Ok, creating a new table object worked for presenting the individual counts, but I’m still not sure how to create a relationship between them. The link you provided (thank you) is for a different version of Data Manager - I do not see a ‘Link’ button. Can you explain how to create the relationship?

Guess I should do my due diligence and search previous threads! I found information regarding linking data providers here:

But, I don’t have a ‘Link To’ in my Data Manager. I’m running the test version - Is this functionality not available?

OMG - I’m retarded!!! I found the ‘link to’ button in DM. Sorry, I get a bit freaked out by unfamiliar applications. 8)