BusinessObjects Board

Multi LOV and default

Hi All

Iam using BOXI Rel2, I want to created a prompt which by default will have 2 out of the 5 lov as default and where the user can change the 2 default to any 1 of 5 from lov.

Please can you help…

Many Thanks

shin_11 (BOB member since 2008-01-03)

Out-of-the-box prompts cannot be defaulted to any value(s)
But if you are open to a VB then a small code snippet can help

haider :es: (BOB member since 2005-07-18)

please do provide and how it would work…

also how do allow users to choose more than 1 lov?

many thanks

Read this thread
But note that the default value is hard coded in the code.
If the LOV is statis this will work or it will have to be enhanced to pick default values from the DB and pass it to prompt.

haider thanks for that…

coming back to entering mutiple values from lov how do i do that? its a filter which a user will choose a lov or more than 1 lov.

how would i code that in the filter condition and how would the @prompt look like?

hi friends,

I also need this solution. Can any one solved this issue. Can please provide me the solution.

prasad v (BOB member since 2007-07-15)

for entering multiple values in prompts you will have to just use an ‘in’ operator and a multi keyword in @prompt syntax

Emp.Ename in @Prompt('Enter value(s)','A','Emp\Ename',multi,free) 

@prasad
Read the thread mentioned above

haider I have tried the above and the prompt is not allowing multiple lov options…what would be a good test? or next step?

I am confused by some of the terminology here.

A “LOV” is a list of values. When you say “pick more than one lov” are you really asking for the ability to pick values from more than one LOV query? Or are you asking to be able to pick multiple values from a single LOV query?

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

Hi Dave

your right…I have a LOV on a object and then a condition created. When running in WEBI I want the user to have the ability to select 1 value or more e.g. if they want 2 or 3 or 1 values they can choose.

I hope I make sense…

Many Thanks

Then the prompt syntax posted earlier will work. You need to create a prompt object using IN and setting up “multi” as the prompt parameter.

table.column IN @prompt('Prompt text goes here','A','Class\Object for LOV',multi,free)

Dave

that worked a treat…the thing I dont understand is multi,free…I had it entered as ‘multi’,‘free’…it was parsing but not allowing multiple entries to show…

Is there something I should be aware of…some kind of rule or something?

Many Thanks

multi and mono as well as free and constrained are constant values and should not be quoted.