BusinessObjects Board

Moving repository

Hi,
We are in a process of moving our repository from existing database to an another database .could some onelet me know wht is the procedure to follow

karen (BOB member since 2003-06-18)

Which two DBMS (Oracle, IBM DB2, etc.) are involved?
Try a search on BOB, keywords: Repository migration

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

The following topics were all found with a search using the keywords “moving repository” here on BOB. :bob:

How do I migrate my BO repository?
Moving Repository from server a to server b
Migrating Repository

The yellow “nag bar” that asks you to search before posting a brand new topic is there for a reason. :wink: You’ll have plenty of reading material with any of those topics, and there are more where those came from. Not picking on you, just using your topic as an excuse to remind everyone that Search is Your Friend 8)

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

Thank you guys

We are actually moving our schema to a different database(both old and new are oracle).Could some one let me know the best practices , methodology, procedures.I appreciate if some one can pass on some document on procedure .

It’s easy.

Backup the database. This assumes all domains are in one place.
Restore it to the new schema.

Update your middleware so that you have a TNSNames entry for the new schema
Run Supervisor to build a new BOMain.key pointing to the new schema.
Do Tools-Repository so that you can modify the connections for your universe and document domains so that they point to the new schema.

Distribute the new BOMain.key file to ALL the clients and servers in your environment.
Make sure you have configured the middleware so that all the machines have a TNSNames entry for the new schema.

That’s pretty much it. Everything else should be OK.

Steve Krandel :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-25)

Thanks to Michelle:

1 more thing to do. Make sure your users delete their BOMain.lsi files.

When you send them a new key, they will get an error telling them the the .lsi file is created with a different key.

Steve Krandel :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-25)

Thanks for the info guys .It helps.