BusinessObjects Board

Move a report into another report as tab

Hi.

I have four reports that I want to convert to one report with four tabs, one for each report. I cannot find an easy way to do this. Do I really have to create the reports from scratch again?

Regards
erb

erb (BOB member since 2006-03-16)

the big problem are not tab themselve but dataprovider(s) “used” by this tabs. Search on BOB download, there is a small rea letting you able to dublicate a dataprovider outside from his original report.

bernard timbal :fr: (BOB member since 2003-05-26)

Mis understood the requirement

vellachi (BOB member since 2005-07-11)

HI Erb,

I had the same issue once and as Bernard mentioned, I used one of the utilities provided in BOB downloads and copied the data providers. I don’t think you can copy the tabs from one report to another but only the data providers. One more thing I noticed that if I coped multiple data providers from the same report the objects that were linked were not linked anymore so I went ahead and linked the objects again. You might still want to go through the SQL from the original report and the report copied to and make sure it’s the same.

You can find that utility at the following link: Copy Data Providers / Copy Report Variables

Thanks,
YASH :slight_smile:

way2boguru (BOB member since 2005-01-17)

The closest workaround is to use templates. Save the individual reports tabs as templates (Save as…, and change the filetype to template, .ret). In the new report, after copying the data providers, apply the four templates. Works quite well much of the time. I say much of the time, because it is far from perfect. Many of our complex reports just got scrambled. That’s why I never added “report copy” to the “data provider / variables copy” utility.

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)