BusinessObjects Board

Monitoring universe for BI 4.2

Hi,

Is it possible to download a Monitoring universe from an SAP site? Is a universe like that available at all and if yes where can I find it?

I know, it’s just 4 tables and I could create it by my own but if it’s available anywhere then I would like to use it.

Thanks.

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

Check:
\Program Files\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win64_x64\Monitoring_TrendDb.biar

joepeters :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

Hi Joe,

Thank you. The universe was there.

However frankly speaking, the quality of the monitoring universe is very low and it looks as it was developed by a college student for a weekend project that had minimal-to-nothing knowledge about the topic :frowning:

I will put together something by myself.

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

1 Like

And upload it to Bob… 8)

Nick Daniels :uk: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

1 Like

Yes, I agree. The whole monitoring system feels like it was a side project for someone, and it eventually made it into the production code base (kind of like Application Foundation, now that I think about it). The modelling is non-standard, and by default it uses a Derby database. I love Derby, but it’s not being used correctly in this way. I moved it into Oracle, then created a more usable datamart for reporting.

joepeters :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

I have an issue with my monitoring as it wont show historic data, SAP pointed me at the monitoring universe, great, I have this setup and can see data but does anyone have any reports that show the history of a metric, watch list or probe, if so can you tell me how to build such a report as I’m not making much sense of the data.

for example I’d like to see
Watch Name, Metric, Metric Value, Date
APS.WEBI, Free Memory, 100, DD/MM/YYYY HH:MM:SS
APS.WEBI, Free Memory, 99, DD/MM/YYYY HH:MM:SS
APS.WEBI, Free Memory, 98, DD/MM/YYYY HH:MM:SS

is this possible?

abductee :uk: (BOB member since 2006-09-05)

Were you able to find any reports and if trending db stores any data. In our environment I see we have dat files created but cant get data.

Thanks

Unmesh702 :india: (BOB member since 2009-02-19)