BusinessObjects Board

Migration of Webi Reports from DEV ->TST Repository

Hi all,

I am planning to migrate webi reports from dev repository to QA repository. it would be great help if anyone can guide me.

Thank you

cooldude7840 (BOB member since 2007-06-01)

You can migrate all BO document by using “import wizard”. There are simple steps you need to follow to do successful migration.

If you need more info, you can more search on this board or BO site.

Thanks,

BOpat :us: (BOB member since 2006-11-09)

The migration procedure depends on the BO version because I think that the Import Wizard is available only from BO XI version.

So if you could tell us what BO version you use, cooldude7840 then you can get more exact answer.

But it’s true that you can use search because this topic was discussed here on BOB many times.

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

presently we are using BO 6.5 version. here we have different repositories for each environments like DEV,TEST,PRD.

i am struck with webi reports migration.

Thank you in advance.

BTW, welcome to B:bob:B!

Here are some old post I found using search that can get you started:

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

You can do it by hand, but it’s complicated (LOVS, Save for all users, linked universes). If you have a lot of reports / universes to publish what we are doing is using a version control / promotion software.

jp.golay :switzerland: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)

For ver 5.x/6.x you can look at tools offered by third-party vendors such as NOADBI or ebiexperts.

For XI R2 I would definately give the built-in import/export wizard a try.

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

If you are really in stuck with migrating webi report from a server to another, no need to buy other tool […]. You can design your own system as we made in our company (webi 65 SP2 on Unix Sun Solaris)

When we want to migrate one wid report from DEV to TST, we save it first as personal document and send it to a particular bo user (“publishing” in our case)

Then, once sent, querying the repository, we are able to obtain the list of reports sent to this particular user and the name of the senders.

SELECT b.m_actor_c_name ||';'||c.m_doc_c_name ||';'||d.m_actor_c_name||';'||
(TO_DATE ('15-12-1970', 'dd-mm-yyyy') + c.m_doc_n_date/86400)||';'||a.M_ACTDC_N_ACTORID||';'||a.M_ACTDC_N_DOCID 
FROM OBJ_M_ACTORDOC a,
OBJ_M_ACTOR b,
OBJ_M_DOCUMENTS c,
OBJ_M_ACTOR d
WHERE a.m_actdc_n_actorid = b.m_actor_n_id
AND a.m_actdc_n_docid = c.m_doc_n_id
AND c.m_doc_n_userid = d.m_actor_n_id
AND c.M_DOC_N_TYPE='1024'
AND b.m_actor_c_name='Publishing'

After, reading the index.dat file of the sender personal document directory, you can make the correspondance between the 000000x.wid store it file and the real name it has been given by users. Then, you have just to make an FTP from the

\webi652\nodes<node name>\clusterwebi\storage<sender name>

to the

\webi652\nodes<node name>\clusterwebi\storage<sender name>

Tada :mrgreen:

bernard timbal :fr: (BOB member since 2003-05-26)

I would like to take a moment to thank everyone for suggesting me. i was helpful.

thank you once again to everyone