BusinessObjects Board

Migration of Oracle repository to SQL Server-urgent help

Hi,

We have our repository in Oracle that we are looking to migrate to SQL Server.

As I am the only person who needs to carry out this activity, I have looked through the forum for documents but havent found a detailed one.

I am looking for a step by step procedure to carry out this activity.

Please help as I am looking for timelines on thisas to how long this wopuld take, what should be the procedure for this.and what extra care should be taken to avoid any untoward incidents.

It is Business Object 5.1.8 that I am referring to.

Keepitsimple (BOB member since 2007-08-15)

Try starting with this Supervisor FAQ (“Frequently Asked Question”).

Then, try testing. I had to move my repository from Sybase to Oracle, and I found that the LOVs and queries were “corrupted” on the Oracle repository. I posted a topic here asking for advice – and filed a case with tech support, who said that they do not “support” migration of a repository from one database platform to another.

So – I had to import all of my universes from the old repository, copy the LOVs to the correct folders for the new repository, open each universe and verify that each LOV was OK, and re-export the universe. Then I had to import all of the Corporate Documents from the old repository, open them with the new repository, and re-export them.

Since our users don’t use Broadcast Agent, and don’t have rights to send documents (via the repository) to each other, we didn’t have to worry about other sorts of documents.

Good luck!

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)