BusinessObjects Board

Migrating repository from production to Test

hi to all,

We are currently using bo 6.5.We have BO production server.Till date we didn't have test server.But in next week we are creating BO test server also.
           Now I want  prodution repository content also present in test repository database.So can any one explain me the procedure for doing the same?Repository is on oracle databse.

Thanks in Advance
Shashank

Shashank :india: (BOB member since 2007-01-06)

You need to bring everything across using the import wizard. Investigate in the admin manual.

jonathanstokes (BOB member since 2004-09-17)

Guess jonathan thought it to be XI version

But you can create a copy of the PROD repository database (DBA should help), do safe recovery from supervisor (in TEST),install the 6.x server on the machine, perform configuration and you are ready to use it.

haider :es: (BOB member since 2005-07-18)

Thanks for the reply,

But I think inport wizard facility is not present in 6.5

Regards
Shashank

Thanks Haider for your valuable reply,

I will impliment the following steps kindly check it.First I will  install Bo 6.5 & create blank databse for test server repository.Then

copy prod repository data to test repository.Then through supervisor ->
Admin->Safe recovery I will generate the bomain key.If you feel i miss any thing then kindly tell me.

Just i want to know that user rights will remains same which is part of security domain. 

Thanks & Regards
Shashank

It should suffice apart from installation/configuration of 6.x server

Yes, if you have multiple domains(security, document,universe) then on creating copies of respective schema and doing safe recovery should have the user rights in place.

haider :es: (BOB member since 2005-07-18)

From our Supervisor FAQ.

Please note that after you copy the repository and create the new BOMain.key – it is CRITICAL that you immediately log into the new security domain, and change the connections of your Document and Universe domains there to point to the new repository – or else you will get cross-linked repositories – a total mess that is unrecoverable except for a complete restoration.

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)

Thanks Anita for your valuable reply.

I want to know ,How can I change the connections for document & universe domain?

Regards
Shashank

Using a login that has the rights, perhaps one of your General Supervisor ids:

From the Supervisor module: Tools => Connections
Pick the connection(s) used by your universe and document domains, and Edit and then save.

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)

Thanks Anita,

I have modified the document & universe domain connection .

But now when I am trying to login to Administrator Console,gives me a below error.

There is either no security domain or one to many (ADC00075)

Thanks & Regards
Shashank

Problem gets resolved.

i have  Forgot to copy bomain key into below path

\installation\nodes\server\cluster\locdata.

Regards
Shashank