BusinessObjects Board

Migrating Repository from one server to another

Hello. I’m in the process of installing BO 6.1.3 onto a new test server. I created a database on the new server, and exported my repository from the production server to the test server. When I run reports on the test server, I am pulling data from the old repository!

I took a look at the Repository Management screen in Supervisor on the test box. In it, I noticed that the Document and Universe domains are using the wrong user_id and database (it shows the user and database connection on the production box), while the Business Objects Security domain is using the correct user and database (what I set up for the development box).

Maybe exporting the database kept the old connections? Is there a cleaner way to do this? Is there a way to alter the domains?

:confused:

lcp :ukraine: (BOB member since 2004-06-10)

It sure did and will cause so called crosslinked repositories.

See this FAQ entry.

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

Okay - after doing some more reading, I found that through the Supervisor, I can change the domains manually.

I did this, and it worked! So, I’m answering my own post.

BUT, I still have a question. When I install the software on the new production server, should I still export the repository, import onto the new server and do the same change using supervisor. Or, is there a cleaner way to do this?

:slight_smile:

Andreas,

Thank you so much for responding. I feel more confident that what I am doing is correct.

Columbus, OH … i’m in Cleveland …

You have performed all of the required steps. I always make and confirm a good backup before I move or copy a repository. Make it step #1.

Paul Carletta (BOB member since 2003-12-18)