BusinessObjects Board

Migrating Business Objects V5 to V6

Hi BO Cheif,

I am beginner to the BO and our company is using both V5 and V6. I want to upgrade Universes from V5 to V6. Is there any simple way to migration. Pls help me out.

Mahesh

remahesh (BOB member since 2006-08-09)

Just move them. No migration is needed. V5 universes and reports work fine in V6.

Universes need no work at all. You should spot-check a few reports.

Steve Krandel :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-25)

There are lot of posts discussed on this topic, please do a search with terms migration*, upgrade* .

We have Universe FAQ Entry Here to upgrade/migrate universes to a higher version.

If you have any specific issues, you can post here.

BO_Chief :us: (BOB member since 2004-06-06)

This is not a full-client report-building question. Moved from “Building Reports” ==> BusinessObjects Classic to “General Discussion”.

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)

Thanks for the informations.

Mahesh

remahesh (BOB member since 2006-08-09)

Mahesh, when you open v5 reports in v6, you’ll get a message about the reports being in an earlier version. Just save the reports and they will be automatically converted to v6 reports.

Pretty straightforward. I haven’t encountered any problems.

Judy

JMulders :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

Keep in mind that the calculation engine on the Reporter side has changed, so check reports using multiple linked data providers with complex filters for example - details regarding the changed calculation engine can be found on the Business Objects techsupport website

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

When migrating from 5 to 6 (full client)is it just a case of changing the version on all the client machines or do I need to worry about the repository?

JohnH :uk: (BOB member since 2003-08-19)

You have take care of both reports and the repository…

Version 6.x Repository has more tables than 5.x…

BO_Chief :us: (BOB member since 2004-06-06)

Mahesh,

Once you start saving the report being built in version 5 to the one being opened in version 6.5, do remember to save it along with the “Save for All Users” Option Checked in the Save Dialog Box

All the best

Regards,
Gaurav Swamy

swamygaurav (BOB member since 2006-09-22)