BusinessObjects Board

Microstrategy vs Business Objects

I am currently trying to understand the main difference between Microstrategy and Business Objects . A key difference I can see is the universe layer in BO is not available in Microstrategy. Microstrategy seems to go directly to the DW through Microstrategy Intelligence server. Is that correct ? I am wondering how then you can create measures and objects in Microstrategy .

gogo (BOB member since 2005-06-03)

This is a topic which compares various tools.

Objects and measures in Microstrategy? They are nothing but the ‘Schema and public objects’ of a ‘Project’.

Jansi :india: (BOB member since 2008-05-12)

not able to open the link Jansi can you please check.

Rakesh_K :india: (BOB member since 2007-12-11)

I’m able to open it. :?

From what I remember of my brief foray into Microstrategy, it does still have a layer of abstraction between the report developer and underlying data source.

In fact, it’s a lot better in some regards than business objects as security and adminstration is managed right down to the object level rather than through the the comparatively unwieldy grouping of objects we call a universe :slight_smile:

cashworth (BOB member since 2005-02-09)

Rakesh_K wrote:

We can not see topic related to Microstrategy vs Business Objects in that thread.

Arjun (BOB member since 2008-07-28)

I think you missed the page 7 which has a pdf attached by BIFan.

Thanks Jansi, Its Really informative

Regards
Nirav

nniravv :india: (BOB member since 2007-08-16)

I read that document and found it kind of biased myself after seeing a Microstrategy demo…

Namlemez :djibouti: (BOB member since 2005-03-14)

As long as you recognise that it is biased that’s fine :slight_smile: I wouldn’t take much from these ‘comparisons’…

cashworth (BOB member since 2005-02-09)

Agreed. Each tool has its own pros and cons.