BusinessObjects Board

Merging Two reports.

I have developed Two reports which source the data seperately. Now my users want to merge these two reports and sort it on a sales Id column which is present in the two reports.

Has any one meged the two reports.

I am not sure if we can do this by linking the universes or linking the backend tables.

BOB User :us: (BOB member since 2003-06-03)

I assume by two reports you mean also two separate data providers?

If so please look at the presentation by S. Bickerton “Solving the Mystery of Data Provider Synchronization” from the BO user conference 2002 in Miami.

You might have to create local DETAIL report variables of your unlinked dimension universe objects.

Summary:
You can dislpay the data from multiple data providers (going against different universes and/or data sources) within the same table/block if they have dimensions in common.

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

You can do this by linking your data providers. Easiest way is to insert a new report tab, insert a new table and click on “Use existing data” when the dialog box appears. Select the variables you want to use. You may have to create detail variables for some of the objects you selected. Check out Steve Bickerton’s presentation from the 2002 User Conference on the tech support web site for a really clear explanation about using multiple data providers. I think it’s called Solving the Mystery of Data Provider Synchronization. Or something similar.

Plus, you might try searching the archives on BOB. Lots of discussion on linking data providers.

Debbie Kelly :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

Utility available at :mrgreen:
to merge data providers, No database or universe modification
Copy

Just open those two reports, copy the dataproviders

Shahubar Sadiq :india: (BOB member since 2003-02-28)

I have just tried to look at this as it sounds like it woul be quite helpful to me but when I click on the link it just comes back with page not found :nonod:

Sue :uk: (BOB member since 2003-07-31)

Sue, I found a downloadable copy of the same document here http://www.bonymaug.com/reporter.htm
Have a go at that

stephen clutton :uk: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

Thanks - this link works. :smiley:

Sue :uk: (BOB member since 2003-07-31)

Sorry my bad When I ment two merging two reports , I actually meant two Separate Documents (e.g. two .rep files) not two data providers.

look at by previous post, you can link two separate reports
(actually it won’t link, you can copy the dataprovider from one report to another)

I have previously used the Bickertons document it tells how to link two data providers in the same file(same .rep file) If we have two sepearte files how can you copy the two data providers…

i’m sorry typo, look at my first post
that macro will copy from one report another