BusinessObjects Board

Mass Update Object Level Security XI R2

Hello

Is anyone aware of a way to mass update object level restrictions in a universe in XI R2.
I have about 500 to do and it would be so nice if someone has developed an excel spreadsheet that you can use to specify the restrictions sets and then update the universe in one go…

I have searched but haven’t found, so I am hoping that someone out there has already done this and is happy to share…

thanks

icytrue (BOB member since 2006-04-10)

I’ve not seen a utility specifically for that property (.SecurityAccessLevel), but you should be able to tweak existing utilities for yourself. Take a look at these two utilities:

Document a universe using Excel and the Designer SDK
Mass update to object names / descriptions

Use the first utility to document the existing universe, and to get a feel for all of the properties available (including .SecurityAccessLevel). The second utility is designed to mass update object names and descriptions, but can be tweaked to do the same for object level security.

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)

Hi,

I remember that we already discuss on this last year.

Someone from Germany told us he developp something specific using sdk and everything work fine.

Make a search on BOB I replied to these posts and someone from Germany (Otto group if i well remember).

Regards