BusinessObjects Board

Managing User Password Resets within InfoView

I would like to know if there is a way to give specific power users the ability to control the password resets for only those users within their group from InfoView?

I currently have the groups locked down so the only recipients that can be chosen are those who are in their group.

We have European clietns who sometime lock their accounts and have to wait until I am at the office the next day to reset them. I would like to give rights to a psuedo admin who lives in Europe the ability to do this task herself.

mcliffordgoo :us: (BOB member since 2003-02-13)

Hi,

Yep it’s possible to delegate administration and for example only to reset password. It’s just a question of rights you give to him.

What do you mean by within infoview?
BR
Sebastien

I haven’t tried this tool yet, but it is available in Bob’s downloads. You may want to give it a try.

Hope this helps.
Have a great day!

MayhewM :us: (BOB member since 2003-10-22)

He is refering to the password change option in preferences in Infoview

zack :us: (BOB member since 2007-08-02)

What I mean by doing this via InfoView is that we only want to give our clients a one stop shop type of environment. Similar to how you can manager and change your password we want to give certain power users the rights to change or manage other people’s passwords (Only applicable to the group and user’s within that group) within InfoView.

mcliffordgoo :us: (BOB member since 2003-02-13)

Hi Possible wihin the CMC with the correponding rights settings and I think impossible within Infoview except probably using SDK.

Regards
Sebastien