BusinessObjects Board

Managing rights

How can you setup a user with Supervisor rights in one group and just plain user rights for viewing only within another group. Without having multiple IDs.

BO takes the more restrictive and applies the rights accordingly.

di652 (BOB member since 2005-02-24)

User A - Group A Supervisor
User A – Access right for report from Group B
you may just give access to report and universe from other group B for Supervisor in group A.

BOBurao (BOB member since 2005-09-20)

I tried to enabling just the report for User A in Group B, but the report still displayed the ‘X’ over top signifying that it was disabled.

di652 (BOB member since 2005-02-24)

Have you enable report and underlying universe. .
follow this if you are not already doing so.
click on user in supervisor when hilighted click on universe tab eanble the universe.
then go to document tab and enable the document.

It should work

Sorry, BOBurao, it won’t work. It’s like di652 said. Take a look at this entry from our Supervisor FAQs.

di652 wants userX to be a Supervisor in one group, but not a Supervisor in the other. Granting of module access rights is, as di652 said, done on a most restrictive basis.

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)

Anita,
We are on same page on this, Least Restrictive Rights are absolutely right…

what I was suggesting is enabling access to the document at the “lowest level” this way he will have access to just document still He will not have rights as “Supervisor” for that group.

Thanks for the link to discussion on Restrictive right, I would suggest DI652 you may also ahve a look… it’s nice representation on restrictive rights.

Any way I will chaeck my set up and comeback if I am wrong.

I checked this one and it did work.
again it’s just about granting supervisor from other group(A) right to access document and universe without giving supervisor right to that group(B)… and offcourse he shouldn’t be restricted for this document anywhere.

Infact you can add a user to different group with different profile…i.e user in one group…designer in other …versatile in next…

again most restrict rights holds up for that group…

Hope I am expalining what 652 wanted in his post and not diverting topic.