BusinessObjects Board

Managing inboxes..

Hi All,

We want users to save their reports in Inbox…but do not want Inbox to grow out of control. Can inbox be managed through settings to prevent inboxes from growing too large or to delete documents after the limit reaches 50? Is there any such setting anywhere in CMC.

ajq

anushajq (BOB member since 2005-02-22)

Hi, There is no such option for inbox in CMC. On the other hand, u can set instance limit for a report in CMC.

write2ib :india: (BOB member since 2008-08-30)

Hi Anusha,

Do you want the users to save reports to their Inboxes or Favorites folder? We can only send or schedule the reports to the Inboxes but we cannot save.

Raj_admin :india: (BOB member since 2008-12-04)

There are no stteings to manage/purge inboxes. CMS sdk is the only solution …

Thanks everyone. One more question, what is the difference between Inboxes and Favorites as I see an Inbox and Personal folders category - the latter has the option to limit instances in BO XI 3.1.

Inboxes are used as destinations for scheduled instances. Favorites (per InfoView) = Personal folders (per CMC), and is where the user can store their own copies of documents.

Summary, the user can “save as” documents to favorites, but not inboxes. The user can schedule instances to inboxes, but not favorites (unless of course the document is scheduled FROM a favorites folder to the default location).

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)

The limit on instances in CMC>Personal folders limits the number of scheduled instances or does it limit the total number of documents that can be saved in the favorites folder?

We can set the instance limits for users or groups under CMC > Settings, Liimits tab.
Add the required group or user and set the limit.

Raj_admin :india: (BOB member since 2008-12-04)

In 3.1, CMC>Personal folders the limit on instances or only for scheduled instances or does it mean total number of documents stored in the favorites.

Can someone please clarify!!!
:crazy_face:

thanks
ajq

Has someone managed to ‘Export to CMS…’ and save a .WID document in their “Personal Folder” from WebI Rich Client?

What is the set of specific rights a user has to have to be able to do this?!!!
I am setting up a custom Access Level but I can not see anywhere the rights I have to use!

IHass (BOB member since 2006-11-15)

Hi all

Still on the topic of Managing Inboxes, does anyone know of a way of producing a report to list off all the report instances in users inboxes? We are conscious that our users may not be performing the regular housekeeping requested of them.

Cheers, Sandi

SandiR :uk: (BOB member since 2004-12-20)

The limits are under this path (took me a while to find it):
CMC -> Personal Folders -> Actions -> Limits

I kept looking under settings and found just system stats but no limit settings. Unless its hidden deep under a rock I didn’t turn over :wink:

tenather :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

I wrote this tool to cleanup user documents(Inbox/Favorites) that are older than a ‘X’ days. You can do it in a single shot for all the users.

Sheshachala5 :india: (BOB member since 2004-01-09)