BusinessObjects Board

Managero on BO XI v3

Dear all,

I used to work on repository universe “managero” on version 5 and 6.

Do you know if this tool is still available on XIv3 version? Is there an alternative tool or functionality that answers to this need? (list objects, format, sql… from a specific universe)

I already saw that “relations” button can help to see which report is based on a specific universe. Does an universe or reports exist to list these relations on XIv3 platform?

Thanks for your help!
Regards.

loic_cadiot (BOB member since 2007-01-05)

The universe, as it was, doesn’t exist anymore since the Universe metadata was moved out of the repository.

There are a couple of utilities here (in “BOB’s Downloads”) that you might find useful instead.

Joe

joepeters :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

I just took a look but there is nothing about XIv3.

Does anybody know how to do?
Is there any tool adapted for XIv3?

have you tried the Query Builder tool ? (which is, I am agree very less usefull than former managero univers)

bernard timbal :fr: (BOB member since 2003-05-26)

Query builder in his case is useless since the query builder is querying the CMS. There are no more universe info within the CMS, I mean the one he is asking for …

Using the Query Builder tool (<=> “view relation”), I can only see reports using a specific universe. I cannot export it, but at least I get the information.

What I would like is to go further and reproduce the Managero functionality, ie. get all SQL clauses in every objects for several universe stored in BO repository.

I cannot believe this functionality was available in v5 and isn’t in XI anymore?

Actually my aim is to make an impact study of a database update on a great amount of universes and in cascade on linked reports.

Does anybody has this need? Did you find a solution to solve it?

Thanks for your help.

Did you look at this one? According to Dwayne’s notes, it can be easily made to work with XI3.

Joe

joepeters :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

You will have to do ! In fact, It’s a very huge lake regarding v4/v5 and e6 release.

You have now to build some sdk devlopments as the other posts of your thread speak about. It’s the only way

It’s because the BO v5, v6 had completely different architecture from BO XI releases.

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

Yes, I agree. But with this platform change, we lost a very interesting functionality : get a global view on objects (universes, reports) using a simple universe.

The few tools I found on BOB downloads are interesting but limited regarding a universe and possibilities it provides. My main problem is that all these tools analyse files one by one: what I need is to look for an database update impact on all my objects exported on my repository.

Does SDK development is the only solution I got?

Thanks again for your help !

I think…

maybe this could help you to begin

http://www.bobti.com/fr/articles/pdf/ART_UsingDeskiAndVbaToQueryRepository.pdf

Ted Ueda also wrote an article, that may be of some help:

Web Intelligence XI 3.x - Reporting off the BusinessObjects Enterprise CMS Via Data Access DDK
http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/13214

Hayden_Gill :australia: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)